Chapter 2

The sun was setting as the boat docked.

"Once you get off this boat, we're complete strangers ok?" Marie told us.

"Of course," I promised.

"Bye weasel!" Michiru said, waving as she stepped off the boat.

"I'm a MINK, not a weasel! And my name is Marie, tanuki," Marie yelled.

"Oh, you look like a weasel though," Michiru commented.

"Michiru!" I scolded. The tanuki looked at me sheepishly.

"Just go," Marie told us.

When we got situated off the boat, Marie drove away, managing to splash water on us.

"Come on, let go Michiru," I told the tanuki.

It was dark already so I quickly walked through the streets. It was then that a saw a wolf on a building. It reminded me of myself.

"Did you see that?" I asked Michiru.

She nodded, "yeah. Weird right?"

As we entered a bigger area, the town square probably I noted, I noticed other beastman surrounding us. I stepped in front of Michiru, getting ready for a fight.

Then, lights turned on, and I realized it was a festival.

"Wow," Michiru whispered. She then ran off to do some fun things. I followed her. Then, she bumped into a wolf.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going!" Michiru quickly apologized.

"What a nice smell, the smell of beastman happy," the wolf said.

I stepped next to Michiru.

"Who is this weirdo? And why is he crying?" Michiru whispered to herself.

"Michiru!" I scolded, pinching her ears.

"Owwww! What?" Michiru complained.

The white wolf looked down at us. I sniffed the air delicately. He scent was....familiar somehow.

"Enjoy the festival," he told us. I watched him walk off. I considered following him, but Michiru said, "hey it's the weasel!"

"Mink!" Marie and I said at the same time.

"Are you enjoying the festival?" Marie asked, even though she obviously didn't care.

"Yeah!" Michiru told her. She then chattered away about the festival.

I scented another animal, and saw a monkey running away with Michiru's wallet.

"Hey!" Michiru yelled, and started chasing after it. I ran after her.

We lost him under the big screen. I saw a suspicious wolf there, but I was distracted by Michiru hitting one pillars that held the screen up.

Something exploded nearby. The screen came toppling down. We started running , but I knew it would fall on us. I grabbed Michiru's hand, and ran faster, but I wasn't fast enough,

I almost transformed into my beastman form, but then I saw a flash of blue light. My eye involuntarily closed. Next thing I knew, someone was carrying us. I opened my eyes and saw the same wolf we saw before that was crying.

"Did you both have anything to do with the explosions?!" The wolf growled.

I stared at them coldly while Michiru was prattling on about how we didn't do it.

The wolf then sniffed the air. I sniffed also.

"The coyote," I murmured.

"I'm sorry, I read the situation wrong, please forgive me," the wolf said. He then ran off, following the scent.

"Come on Michiru," I said as I started running after the wolf. Michiru followed close behind me.

We reached the site where the beastmen that caused the explosion were. I spotted the wolf already there.

He started talking to them, but I couldn't hear what he was saying in this form.

The beastmen suddenly turned into their animal form, and I knew that this would be a fight.

The wolf started fighting them. I was surprised at how strong he was.

I turned into my beastman form to help. I was a black wolf with bright blue eyes.

I started attacking one of the beastmen. He was strong, but I was stronger. I easily overpowered him. I made sure to knock him out just in case they wanted him alive.

"Don't kill them!" Michiru yelled.

I turned and saw her looking at the wolf with tears in her eyes. He kept fighting, obviously aiming to kill them.

I headed over to where the beastmen I just fought was lying. I started to drag him over into a darker spot so I could kill him.

"I SAID STOP!" Michiru yelled.

I heard sparks and looked over to see her talk had grown bigger. I let out a small gasp. The other wolf turn also to look at Michiru, who was currently glaring at him.

He stepped closer to Michiru. I rushed over and stood in front of her, growling.

The other wolf started to growl, but Michiru pushed so she could stand next to me.

"What are you doing?" I snapped at her.

Michiru ignored me. "You don't have to kill them," she told him.

He glanced at her, then at me. He nodded, "fine." He then proceeded to tie them up, for the police to find, I assumed.

The white wolf started running across rooftops. We followed him.

As we climbed down the ladder, I changed back into my human form. I turned to the wolf, who had now turned into his own human form. He was a white haired man with grey eyes and a collar around his neck. The reason I could only guess.

"Hurry up and turn into your human form," he told Michiru, who was still in her tanuki form.

"Yeah about that...." Michiru said sheepishly.

"Don't tell me you can't turn into your human form," he said, exasperated.

Michiru nodded.

The man sighed. "Follow me," he told us.

As we exited the alleyway, I saw Michiru look at the other beastmen, who had turned human for the night. She stopped.

"Aww man," she complained.

"What is it?" The man said turning to her.

"I thought everyone was going to be in their beast form!" Michiru told him.

"They were only in beast form for the festival," I told her.

Michiru looked at me, clearly sad at my statement.

"Aww," she whined.

I saw that the other beastmen were looking at us. "Let's go," I said.

"Right. Why can't you change into your beastman form anyways?" The man asked Michiru.

"Well, I'm a human! One day I woke up and I was like this," Michiru told us, looking at her paws as we begin to walk.

"Hmm. I'll take you to someone to test if you are indeed somehow human, even though it's impossible," the man said, clearly not believing her.

"Lead the way," I told him as we reached a corner.