Chapter 3

"Ow!" Michiru whined as a man, name Jem I was told, ripped off something that look like a bandage off Michiru's face.

"Yup, she's a beastman," Jem told us as he looked at the test.

I was leaning against the wall next to the white haired man.

"How does that test even tell you?!" Michiru complained.

"The beastman test is a simple yet reliable way to tell if you are a beastman," Jem answered.

"Well obviously you're wrong! Can't you tell I'm a human?" Michiru asked.

Jem looked her up and down for a moment, then said, "even without the test I can tell you're a beastman."

"Well I was a human, until one night I turned into this," Michiru told us, looking down at her paws while her ears drooped.

"That's impossible. No human can just turn into a beastman," the white haired man said.

"Well I did! Maybe it's some kind of disease or something," Michiru wondered.

I snickered at what she just said. She turned to glare at me.

"What?" She asked, clearly annoyed.

"Oh nothing," I said, clearly acting like I didn't laugh.

"Well there are some beastman who think they are human. Maybe you should go to a hospital-" Jem tried to add.

"Not that kind of disease!" Michiru shouted.

"Now now Jem, show some sympathy," a woman said, walking into the room. "Im sorry about him," the woman said, "your name is Kagemori right? And L/N?" She asked us.

"Oh yeah! I'm Michiru Kagemori" Michiru exclaimed, bowing her head a little.

"I'm Y/N L/N, at your service," I murmured, nodded my head in their direction.

"I'm Melissa! And don't mind Jem. He may not look like it, but he's the Chairman of the Beastman Cooperative," the woman told us. "We take care of newcomers, so you both can stay with us for now!" Melissa informed us.

She hands us some papers. "I need you both to fill these out to register as beastman so we can bring them to city hall. I took them gladly, but Michiru complained, "why do I have to fill it out as a beastman! I'm a human!"

"Sorry it's the protocol," Melissa explained.

"Wait! My student ID has my human picture on it!" Michiru exclaimed. She searched her pockets for a moment, then she had a depressed expression. "Oh right, my wallet got stolen."

We followed her to a small room with a beautiful skylight.

"This is where you both will stay. It may be small, but at least the beds are clean," Melissa said.

"Thank you for your kindness ma'am," I thanked.

"Well if either of you need anything, Shirou can help you," she informed us, opening a door.

I spotted the white haired man there, with a crow on his shoulder. The crow flew over to me and perched on my head. I stroked its soft feathers.

"Kuro, come here," the white haired man, now identified as Shirou, said.

Kuro flew back to his master reluctantly. Shirou glanced off at us for a moment, before looking away, clearly agitated about something.

Melissa closed the door again. "Don't mind Ogami, he seems stern at first, but he's a kind man," Melissa stated.

"I'm sure he is," I murmured.

Michiru and I quickly got ready for bed. As we lied down, Michiru whispered, "today did not go how I expected it to go."

I quietly laughed. "You're right about that," I agreed.

Michiru fell asleep quickly. Once I heard her light snores, I got up from the mattress. I quietly opened the skylight window. I was in more comfortable clothes now.

(Your clothes)

I sat on the roof for a minute, before turning into beastman form

I sat on the roof for a minute, before turning into beastman form. I felt the wind in my fur as I gazed out towards the city.

I heard someone behind me. I swiftly turned, baring my fangs. When I spotted Shirou there, I relaxed a little but still let a low growl escape.

He looked a little surprised, but stayed in his human form.

I froze for a moment, then calmed down. "Do you need something?" I asked, still in wolf form.

"No. Why are you up here?" He asked.

"Wanted to feel the wind in my fur," I answered, sitting down on the ledge.

Shirou stood there for a moment, before sitting down beside me. I bristled for a moment, then remembered that he saved Michiru and I.

I saw the moon appear from behind the clouds. I sat there for a moment, before deciding I should head inside.

I got up, changing back into human form. I murmured good night to Shirou, before leaping silently back into the house.

I closed the window before I fell into bed. After a little while, I fell into a peaceful slumber.