Chapter 9

I watched in wolf form as Michiru bounced the basketball.

I sighed at her gloomy look.

"We finally reunite, and now this? Seriously?" Michiru grumbles as she throws the ball. It misses, and bounces onto the ground.

I hear thunder as it begins to pour immediately after.

"Agh now my fur is wet!" I complain as I rush inside.

"What are you, a cat?" Michiru jokes gloomily.

I glare at her and shake off, making her even more wet.

"Hey!" Michiru grumbles.

I smirk as I change back into human form.

"Y/N, the mayor wants to see us," Shirou tells me as he walks into the room.

"In this weather? Ugh, let's go," I complain as we head out.

After we arrive, it stops raining.

"Oh come on!" I growl.

Shirou glanced at me.

I meet his gaze. We both blush and look away.

"Did the mayor tell you why she wanted to see us?" I ask.

He shook his head.

"Of course she didn't," I mumble.

We enter the mayor's office.

"We've looked into the Church of the Silver Wolf," she informs us. "Up until half a year ago, they were no more than a peaceful folk religion," she continues.

"But then a man named Cliff Boris joined them, and they began to rapidly expand and gain influence," she says.

"And their leader is a childhood friend the the tanuki girl," Shirou finishes.

"Her name is Michiru, not tanuki girl," I tell him, sanding a glare his way.

"Two beastmanitis sufferers who happen to be close friends," Mayor Rose inquires. "It's hard to believe that it is, a coincidence. Right?"

"Did one of them infect the other?" I ask.

"If that were the case, I would expect it to spread further," Mayor Rose answers.

"That's true," Shirou agrees.

"So the mystery only deepens," the mayor wonders "I'll allow the Church to settle here. I'd prefer to keep an eye on it up close."

I hear a beep and look at the mayor.

"Mayor, you have a visitor," the com informs us.

"I don't believe I have any appointments," the mayor answers.

"Yes well..." the com trails off.

The doors to the office open, and a blonde man enters.

"Good day! Apologies for showing up without an appointment," the man greets as he walks up. "It's been far too long, Mayor Barballet Rose."

"Chairman Alan, I didn't expect to see you here so soon," Mayor Rose greets as she stands.

I can tell that he is a human, but he has a whiff of beastman, so I can't be sure. I glance over at Shirou, curious how he will react.

"I'm sorry, I'm a slave to my whims," Alan tells us.

He walks up to Shirou and I. "I'm Alan Sylvasta, Chairman of Sylvasta Pharmaceutical. It's a pleasure to meet you," He greets Shirou, holding out his hand to shake.