Chapter 10

After a while more of talking, Shirou and I headed back.

We immediately headed to the roof, where we saw Michiru leaning against the railing, watching the sunset.

"Where is the bird beastman?" Shirou asks her abruptly, without even greeting her.

I sigh. Typical Shirou.

"Oh, you mean Mr, Pingua? He left already." Michiru answers, looking up at us.

Shirou sighs, grumbling.

"What's wrong?" Michiru asks, annoyed.

"Listen, there's a chance this Pingua could be a terrorist." I tell her bluntly.

"A terrorist? Ha, I doubt it. He told me he was gonna be leaving tomorrow." Michiru laughs.

"Then he's probably planning an attack tonight." Shirou says calmly, frowning.

"Where did all this come from? Mr. Pingua would never do something like that?" Michiru glared at us.

"You say that now..." I mutter harshly under my breath.

"How would you know? Because you took one little flight with him?" Shirou's eyes narrowed as he watched Michiru.

"What's with you two? Also, how do you know I went flying with him?" Michiru asks, annoyed.

"We were at City Hall earlier. We saw the two of you carelessly flying around." Shirou closes his eyes, looking slightly down as if disappointed.

Michiru turns abruptly and looks up at us. "It wasn't careless at all!" She snaps. "Why are you saying that? You just don't understand!"

"How exactly?" I ask, looking down at her skeptically.

Michiru glances down sadly.

Oh gods, here comes a sob story.

"I never the truth about it. About having human rights wouldn't actually guarantee happiness for beastmen." Michiru says sadly.

"Well, I could've told you that." I mutter.

"This have to do with birds?" Shirou questions.

"So then you knew?" Michiru looks up at him for a moment.

She turns to look out at the City once more. "Mister Pingua said he had some friends shot down before.

"Which means that he has a motive." Shirou says apathetically.

"Wow, why is it you can only see the negative in everything?" Michiru scoffs.

I chuckle. "Sometimes that's the only way to view things."

"I've heard there's an anti-beastman front terrorist hiding in the City. They say it's a bird beastman." Shirou glances back to Michiru.

Michiru tilts her head up, glancing up at him.

"Based on the timing, he's now a suspect. There's no time for us to discuss it." Shirou states:

I sigh. "He has a point:"

"Then we just have to find him and clear his name, right?" Michiru asks.

"If it can even be cleared, yeah, I suppose so." I shrug.

"Can't either of you track him by his scent?" The tanuki asks.

"The sky is basically our only weakness." I answer, sighing.

"Any scent trail gets diffused quickly." Shirou adds.

"Are there any other ways?" Michiru questions worriedly.