Chapter 4

I woke up pretty early in the morning. I got dressed quickly, then headed downstairs.

(Your clothes)

I headed downstairs and saw Melissa cooking pancakes

I headed downstairs and saw Melissa cooking pancakes. I quickly helped her prepare the meal, teaching her some tricks I learned over the past years. We were finished by the time everyone else woke.

I helped serve the plates. Shirou kindly rejected a plate. I glanced at Melissa and asked, "does he usually do this?" "Sadly yes, he does," Melissa answered.

I sigh. "Breakfast is the most important meal. Michiru knows," I told Shirou, pointing at Michiru, who was scarfing down her breakfast.

Shirou sighed. "If you stop badgering me about it I'll eat," he told us. I agreed. He ate his food quickly. I ate mine pretty quickly too, a habit from always being on the run.

"You both ready to go?" Shirou asked us while he put his coat on.

"Yup!" Michiru said.

I nodded.

We quickly headed out. We walked there in silence, and I was fine with that.

We headed into City Hall. Shirou led us to the back of the line. We watched as two beastman fought over a place in the line. Michiru looked surprised but I wasn't.

"You never make it to the front if you just wait in line," Shirou told her. He glanced at me. "The mayor wants to meet you," he told me.

"Aww why does she want to meet Y/N and not me?" Michiru whined.

"Y/N is a special case, being a black wolf," Shirou informed her.

I sighed. I knew this was going to happen. "Just stay out of trouble," I told her, before following Shirou.

When we reached the mayor's office, Shirou knocked. I heard a faint, "come in". Shirou opened the door and we headed inside.

"Hello Y/N, Shirou," the woman at the desk greeted.

"It is very nice to meet you, Mayor Rose," I told her, bowing slightly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too as well," Mayor Rose told me. She then got serious. "Thank you both of you for dealing with the bombers. It seems that they were payed to do it by human."

I scowled at the word humans. Not all humans were bad, but most were. I'm not saying beastmen are any better, but we don't enslave humans and kill them for fun.

"It was nothing," Shirou told her.

"Well, before you go, I would like to ask you a favor," Mayor Rose stated.

"Yes?" Shirou asked.

"I want you both to look into Rabbit Town. I believe something bad is going on there, and I want you to stop it," Mayor Rose asked.