Chapter 8

"Jem! I asked you not to take baths while your morphed! Your feather clog the drain!" Mellissa scolded Jem as we ate.

I choked on my food laughing. After swallowing, I looked over to Jem, who was still looking at his newspaper.

"I want to take a bath the way I want," Jem complained.

"Can't you keep a simple promise! Remember, the Silver Wolf is watching," Mellissa told him.

I abruptly stopped eating when I heard the name: Silver Wolf.

"The Silver Wolf?" Michiru asked.

"Haven't you ever heard about the Silver Wolf?" Jem asked.

"Maybe a little," Michiru answered.

"Well a little won't do! Let me explain," Jem told her, taking out a book.

"Beastmen and humans have had varying relationships every era. But no matter what era, beastmen always encounter a crisis," Jem explained, flipping through the pages of the book.

"That's when the Silver Wolf, our savior comes. Over the last thousand years, there have been many stories about the Silver Wolf saving beastmen," Jem told us.

I slam my hands on table, a scowl on my face. "You forgot to mention one thing," I growled.

"Ah yes," Jem murmured, turning a page. They're illustrated on the page, was a picture of a black wolf.

"The Obsidian Wolf has long been forgotten in the Silver Wolf stories," I explained with a grimace on my face.

"Yes. And if I remember correctly, the Obsidian Wolf only caused trouble. He ran from most fights, didn't he?" Jem asked.

"From the stories I've heard, he was trying to help, and did, but kept to the shadows. So most thought it was the Silver Wolf," I told him.

"Stop changing the subject!" Melissa yelled at Jem.

"Hey are you going somewhere?" Michiru asked Shirou as he put on his coat and headed out the door.

"Can we come?" I asked.

He waited beside the door.

"Wait!" Melissa called.

She quickly prayed to the Silver Wolf statue, and then handed us something wrapped. I could smell it was meat.

"You hand this to me everyday. What is it?" MIchiru asked as she took it.

"If you ever need help, give it to the Silver Wolf," Melissa told us.

We exited the building and started walking down the road.

Shirou opened the wrapped meat and started eating it.

"You're going to get in trouble," Michiru told him as we kept walking.

"There's no god who won't help you just because you didn't give it food," he told her.

"He's got a point Michiru," I told her as I ate it also.

"Hm, no wonder you guys don't have any friends," Michiru told us.

I stopped abruptly. Michiru turned to look at me.

"What?" Michiru asked.

"My true friends, they died long ago," I growled.

"Oh I'm sorry Y/N I didn't know?" MIchiru apologized as I started walking again.

"You don't have any friends either," Shirou told her, looking over to me.

"I actually have a lot of friends. I even had a best friend," Michiru boasted. "She's super cute," she told us.

"What are you bragging about?" Shirou asked.