Chapter 1: It's only a text away

It's been 4 weeks since the events that happened at Nevermore and Enid was bored. She felt lonely and was genuinely missing her friends.

Enid's home wasn't particularly a welcoming one. Her brothers were in constant battle with her, picking fights for no reason and making her look bad in front of their mother, which was in itself, a whole war. So, when she got a call from Yoko inviting her to spend the last weekend of their vacation at her family estate, she was frantic.

"So, you're sure your dad is ok with this?" Enid asks.

"Tots! He'll be away for business that weekend and I'll have the whole house to myself." Yoko replied.

She's always wondered what Yoko's father did but was never brave enough to ask.

"OH EM GEE! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!" Enid couldn't hide her excitement.

"You got that right, especially since I've also invited Bianca and Divina." Said Yoko cheekily.

Enid was over the moon by what Yoko told her, except for one small detail...or rather name missing from her group.

"Have you invited Wednesday?" She asked shyly, feeling a blush crawling up to her cheeks.

"TBH I have no idea how to contact her...not that she'd even want to come to this sort of thing anyways," Yoko said unamused.

"Hmm I wish there were a way...she's my roommate and um...I miss her too..." It was almost like a whisper.

Yoko giggled. "I'm sure we can send her an owl or use a Ouija board to contact her..."

"Not funny!" Enid yelled yet fully laughed.

Yoko chuckled, "Ok kiddo, I have to go...don't worry, we'll figure it out." she reassured.

"I guess...Can't wait to see you all again. Take care, be good. See you soon!" Enid said full of hope.

"Can't make any promises, but I'll try...See you pup!" Yoko hung up smiling.

And just like that Enid's day went back to being gloomy and boring. She mostly stayed locked in her room, away from all the commotion. She pulled out her laptop to watch a movie in her pillow fort, in hopes of time passing by faster. She still had to wait for the weekend to head to Yoko's and it was a...Wednesday...

She got warm and comfy in her fort and chose Lego Batman to watch. It was one of her comfort movies, in fact, she could sometimes relate to Lego Batman while locked up at her house. It was so ironic for a werewolf because they're typically very social, yet her household wasn't very nice to socialize with, at least they weren't with her...

Halfway through the movie her phone buzzed, it was Yoko.

Yoko: Yo! Have I got some news for you! I was texting Bianca about our weekend plans and mentioned that you'd looooove to have a certain goth there 😉

Enid: LOL when did I say THAT? 😅

Yoko: ...come on! *facepalm* annyyyy waaaaay, she laughed XD but told me that she'd been chatting with Xavier, and guess what...? 😏

Enid: Please don't tell me they got together... 🤢

Yoko: Hmm Bianca and Xavier? Or... 🤔

Enid: 😬

Yoko: You're sus...he told her he gave your roomie a phone! Annnnnnd he gave Bianca her number! 👏

Enid had a lot of mixed feelings she was going through in the span of some seconds and was lost for words for a bit...

Yoko: You there??? Guess not, so I'll just keep her number for myself... 😌

Enid: KSJAHKJSAD YOU WOULDN'T!!! 😨

Yoko: Nah...she's not really my type...unlike for you... 😏

Enid: 😳I...I don't know what you're talking about...can I have her number...please? *grabby hands*

Yoko: *chuckles* Desperate much? 😏 No fret pup! Here you go... Shares contact: "La Muerte Addams" You're welcome 🤣

Enid: La Muerte? Seriously? 😒

Yoko: It was that or GothChic 🤷Besides you can save her number with hearts and colors 🤣

Enid: ...I wasn't...you know what...*sigh* nevermind... 🙈

Yoko: Dudeeeeeeeeee! I'm kidding! You have cero chill honestly...gotta go! TTYL 😉

Enid: Oh, ok. Thank you...for everything...really... 🙈 TTYL

By the time they finished texting she had missed most of the movie...but it didn't really matter because Enid was buzzing with anticipation. She had Wednesday's number...She had WEDNESDAY ADDAMS'S NUMBER!!! She saved it and was staring and her phone wondering if she should text or call... She decided that a short text letting Wednesday know who it was would be best...

Enid: Howdy, roomie! 😁 A little birdy gave me your number and I'm texting you so you could save mine... ☺️

Enid: It's Enid BTW 😌

"There! Sent!" Enid said aloud. She was giddy like everything felt better all of a sudden. Now all she had to do was wait for Wednesday to reply, and so she did.