Chapter 12: The Shovel Talk

By the time they got downstairs, it was a little past lunchtime and the 3 girls were finishing up eating... Yoko hadn't told Bianca and Divina about what she had witnessed, as it wasn't her news to tell. She did however cover for them... "How was tunnel exploring?" asked Divina lifting an eyebrow. "Tunnel...?" Enid looked puzzled at her. Yoko started at Enid wide-eyed so she would get the hint. "Oh! Oh!!! Yeah! Interesting! Mhm, yet I feel Wednesday enjoyed it more, isn't that right lo...Wends?"

"There is...much more to explore...but it was a very...interesting feeling..." Wednesday said honestly, taking the hint.

"Wooooah! What's that on your neck Addams?" Bianca spotted quickly.

Wednesday instinctively put her hand to her mark, it was still warm to touch.

"Not there, on the other side..." Bianca said slightly annoyed.

"...Is that...a hickey?" Divina added, narrowing her eyes to get a better look.

Enid looked panicked, her eyes flying from Wednesday to Yoko, pleading.

"Oh..." Wednesday hadn't thought she would have THOSE marks on her.

"Oh, my God! You guys totally got it on!" gasped Divina, smirking.

"...I...no...It's not what it looks like..." Enid stuttered.

"Oh, honey...Have you seen your lips in a mirror?" Bianca side-eyed.

"Dudeeeeeeeeeee, finally!" Divina laughed.

Yoko seeing how mortified Enid looked and how Wednesday was glaring, couldn't hold back anymore. "Guys, let me be the voice of reason here. It's their business and only they have the final say in these...rumors..."

Enid looked at Yoko in relief...

Wednesday was frozen in place, glaring. "If you must know, Enid and I, are soulmates...and she has claimed me as her lifemate marking me, as you can see." She said solemnly as she showed the girls her silver ε ς mark.

Everyone was speechless...they all looked from Wednesday to Enid and back...

Bianca raised an impeccable eyebrow "Who knew you had it in you, E? Choosing an Addams as a lifemate...congratulations brave Puppy!" She fully smiled and hugged Enid tightly. As she let go, she approached Wednesday, patting her on the back. "You better treat her right Addams...She deserves the world after all she's been through..."

Divina hugged Enid as well and whispered, "You found yourself a good one E. I can tell she genuinely loves you." She then smiled at Wednesday, tilting her head.

Yoko was last to speak, "Addams, may I talk to you in private?" She said in a serious tone that none of them had heard before, her stance firm.

"Lead the way." Said Wednesday matching her tone and stance,