Part 1; Chapter 4- Re-Stealing The Goober

~Third person POV~

The two teenagers looked unamused and annoyed as the man in front of them ate a large sandwich. "I love this burger. So delicious. One of the best burgers I've ever had. In my universe, this place closed six years ago. I don't know why. I really don't."

Spider-Girl took her mask off and lowered her hood, her (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair now visible. She had a jacket over her suit to hide it. The waitress sat the check down beside him. "You have money right? I'm not very liquid right now." Scoffing, (Y/n) grabbed some cash out of her pocket and sat it on the tray. 

"Can we focus?" Miles begged. 

"Uh huh sure."

"The other Peter--"

Peter started to reach for Miles's sandwich. "You gonna eat that? I'm listening." 

Clenching her hand, (Y/n)'s temper with this man was withering away. Miles grabbed her gloved hand and turned back to the brunette. "The other Peter said he was going to be showing me the ropes."

"Wow."

"You got any Spider-Man tips you can tell me now?"

"Yeah, I got plenty. Disinfect the mask. You're gonna want to use baby powder in the suit, heavy on the joints. You don't want any chafing, right?" 

(Y/n) deadpanned. "He means in action." 

"Anything else?" Miles asked.

"Nope. That's everything." 

"I think you're going to be a bad teacher," Miles muttered and leaned back in his seat. (Y/n) looked over to him sadly and squeezed his hand, earning a small smile from him. 

Peter looked at the two teens with a small smirk as he ate some fries. "Mhmm.. Look up where Alchemax is." Miles put the name in his phone and everything about it showed up. 

"A private technological campus in Hudson Valley, New York." He said as he read from the phone. Miles smiled with excitement and looked up at Peter. "You can teach me to swing on the way there!" He pretended to shoot some webs from his wrists, a small laugh came from Peter and (Y/n).

The three sat on a bus, through the Hudson Valley. "I'm not swinging to the Hudson Valley, Miles. Not after a hearty burger breakfast. Keep your legs fresh, you're gonna thank me later." Peter explained, lightly jabbing at Miles who had a frown on his face. She sadly leaned toward him "If he doesn't I'll teach you how to swing, okay?" Miles looked at her in shock and excitement. "You would do that for me?" 

She snorted. "Duh, I'd do anything for you, Miles." She bumped his shoulder with a smile as she looked out the window. Miles could be seen staring at the girl with a smile of admiration. 

Kicking off their shoes and jackets, the three suited up in the woods across the lab. Standing together, Miles wore a yellow cape with a hand on his hips like a superhero would. "And it's a no on the cape," Peter said.

"I think it's cool."

Peter grabbed the cape and yanked it off of him. "Take that off, it's disrespectful. Spider-Man doesn't wear a cape." Miles quickly went back to his superhero pose. The three hid behind a boulder, keeping watch on the lab. "So how do we retrace Peter's steps?"

"That's a good question... What would I do if I were me...?" They turned around in thought, Peter and (Y/n) had a hand on their chins, thinking. Miles slowly did the same thing, trying to do whatever they do. 

"Got it. Step One: I infiltrate thelab...Two: Find the head scientist's computer--"

"That lady with the bike is the head scientist. We saw her in this documentary at school." Miles interrupted him.