Part 2; Chapter 6- Back...Home?

~Third Person POV~

 An orange portal opened on a rooftop of a dark and rainy city. The two teenagers toppled onto the rooftop and hit the exit door. They were breathing heavily and leaned against the wall. Miles's suit was missing the fabric on the shoulder and other parts had a few scratches or tears, (Y/n) also had a few scratches and tears from being manhandled, but had no intense injuries. 

They both pulled their masks off, their breathing now heard more easily. They stared at each other for a moment and (Y/n) noticed the gash on his shoulder. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?" The (h/c) asked as she slowly reached for the injury. Miles didn't answer. He quickly stood up and put his mask back on. "You should get back home to your mom." (Y/n) stood up with her mask in her hands. "Miles, I can go--"

"I can do this on my own."

"Miles--"

"Really it's--"

"Miles Morales!" 

The boy turned his head at the mention of his full name. (Y/n) tried to give him a reassuring smile. "Sorry...I'm going with you to make sure your dad is alright." Miles hesitated before he gave up and sighed. "Alright, let's go." 

(Y/n) quickly put her mask back on and followed after her boyfriend. They jumped from rooftop to rooftop, battling the harsh rain as they ran. The two webbed their way over a river. They ran as fast as they possibly could. Shooting a web onto a building, the duo swung side by side to get to Miles's apartment. 

"You're both a mistake! If you both hadn't been bit, Peter Parker would've lived! And none of this would've happened!" Miguel's voice rang through their heads, making (Y/n)'s eyes water again.

"kids, the hardest thing about the job is, you can't always save everybody," Spider-Ham said next in their head.

"I'll make you two pay for everything you two took away from me." The Spot echoed. 

"If you could choose between saving one person and saving an entire world--" "We can do both!" 

"Spider-Man always saves--" "Not always."

The two ran along the train tracks, narrowly missing an oncoming train. Miles jumped off the tracks and continued to swing, (Y/n) quickly following. 

"Things are gonna happen."

"You both can be Spider-Man!"

Miles shot a web through a building, glass flying around the two as he and the girl jumped through it. They swung to a road and started to jump off of cars. Miles shot a web and swung up, but an oncoming truck hit the boy, sending him onto a nearby car and breaking the windshield. (Y/n) gasped and frantically swung over to him. "Are you--" 

He continued to run. 

(Y/n) frowned and followed. 

The teenagers finally jump in front of Miles's house and webbed themselves inside his room, the boy quickly shut his window with a web. The two lay on the floor for a moment before the two removed their masks, trying to calm down. "We made it." Miles breathed out. 

(Y/n) rested the back of her head on his floor with a small smile. "We're home!" 

The bedroom door opened and panic surged through them, and looked down at their suits. Miles webbed his jacket on and (Y/n) grabbed a shirt laying on the floor. Miles and (Y/n) looked behind them to look at Mrs. Morales. She stared at the two for a beat. "Is now a bad time?"

"Am I too late!?" Miles ran toward his mother. 

"What did you do to your hair?" (Y/n)'s brows were furrowed at the woman's question. She didn't notice anything different about his hair, maybe it got messed up from the fighting. Mrs. Morales looked at the girl behind her son "Did you dye yours?" This made (Y/n) even more confused, her hair has been the same color forever.