Part 1; Chapter 6- Home Invasion

~Third person POV~

It was now night. Miles asked if (Y/n) would walk with him as he found comfort in her. (Y/n) said yes of course and walked beside him down the dark streets of Brooklyn. Miles checked his phone, the recent artwork he made with his Uncle as his wallpaper. He noticed he had a voicemail from his dad, causing him to suck in a breath and answer it. Picking up speed, (Y/n) quickly followed him, unsure where they were heading. "Come on, we're going to see Uncle Aaron." 

Climbing the fire escape, Miles and (Y/n) slipped through the window. Miles grabbed a nearby piece of paper and a marker, hoping to leave a note for his uncle. "Dear Uncle Aaron, I gotta do something and I don't know if I can do it. I'm scared man. I'm just tired of letting everybody down. You and (Y/n) the only ones I can talk to. I just wish you were here." Miles wrote in big betters. 

(Y/n) felt awful for the boy. Everyone had big expectations for him to save the city when he only had these powers for a few days and haven't had any time to work on his powers and figure out how to control them. She sat on her feet as she looked at the boy. His personality did a 180 ever since he got bit. He used to be a happy, carefree boy but now he was sad, felt hopeless, and not good enough. She wanted to help him and take away his pain. Sure since she had been Spider-Girl for a while, she knew what pain was like but she became used to it, almost numb to it. 

"I'm so sorry this is happening to you. If you want, when this is all over... you can go back to your normal life." She offered. Not everyone wants to be a superhero. Sometimes, she wishes she was never bit so she could have a normal life. Having as many friends as she wants, having a normal day at school, and never having to ditch dates to fight a villain.

Miles pulled the girl into a hug, pulling her as close as possible, hiding his head on her neck. "Thank you (Y/n), you're the only one who has helped me.." Before she could respond, a thud was heard on the fire escape, alerting the two teenagers. The two noticed a shadow by the window. Miles looked happy, but (Y/n) quickly felt suspicious. 'Why is he using the fire escape to get in?'(Y/n) thought to herself.

Claws grabbed hold of the cracked window, opening it. It was the prowler. Miles gasped as (Y/n) puts on her mask. (Y/n) pulled the boy into a hiding spot under the coffee table and she silently webbed herself to the ceiling. The boy put on his mask as his breath quickened. 

(Y/n)'s heart was beating fast. The prowler was right beside Miles, he knew someone was there. Miles went invisible as the prowler tip-toed close to him. Quickly turning around he came face-to-face with an invisible Miles, slowly walking forward as the boy backed up. (Y/n) was holding her breath, on high alert in case she needed to attack or run. 

The prowler's phone started to ring and he pressed a button by his ear, picking up the call. "Hello, Mr. Fisk. I've got the security tapes from the tunnel right here. If the kid and Spider-Girl are out there, I'll find them." He grabbed his purple mask and lifted it. 

Uncle Aaron. 

(Y/n) gasped but quickly covered her mouth to stay silent. "You know me, sir. I don't ever quit." Miles gasped and backed up, catching Aaron's attention. (Y/n) knew Miles was in shock from this reveal. He backed up and slowly crawled through the window, the plant beside him swaying from the movement. 

Spider-Girl, quickly left after him, taking off beside Miles, quick footsteps behind them. Miles was running down the fire escape as (Y/n) was swinging down beside him. Aaron, with his mask back on, ran down the fire escape after them, ready to kill the two. Miles jumped onto the wall of the building beside them before jumping to the ground, crashing into bags of trash. Cursing, Spider-Girl grabbed his arm and webbed the two through the alleyways, the prowler jumping after them.