Part 2; Chapter 5- The Escape

~Third Person POV~

"We're dead, we're dead, we're dead--" (Y/n) rambled as she and Miles ran down a pathway. They quickly turned a corner and hid against the wall as all the other Spider-Men ran down the other hallway. "Look!" Miles whisper-shouted, pointing to a Spider-Man whistling to himself, a large backpack on him. The duo nodded and jumped on his backpack, hoping to hide behind him. 

The Spider walked out of the hallway and into the lobby, everyone was staring at him. "Do I have something on my face, what's the deal?" He asked. Miguel, now with his mask on, chased after the two down the hallway. "(Y/n), Miles, behind you! Turn around!" The hero turned around, and the duo now visible to the other spiders chuckled at all the eyes on them. 

They quickly webbed away with hundreds of Spider-Men webbing after them. The two were jumped on by multiple people, sending them crashing passed multiple walkways. They knocked the spiders off of them and launched themselves around the pillars. Explosions were going off around the teenagers and quickly jumped out of the way. A meow was heard in front of them, a Spider-Cat pushed Miles onto a wall, attacking his face. 

"Miles!" (Y/n) yelled in concern, quickly swinging over towards him and peeling the cat off of his face. The cat coughed up a web ball and it stuck to the boy's face. (Y/n) put the cat down and grabbed his hand, dragging him with her as they continued to run. "Can this day get any damn weirder?!" 

"Don't jinx us!" (Y/n) yelled over all the chaos. A loud thump came from beside them, a t-rex in a Spider-Man suit jumped off a pillar and used one of its tiny feet to web the duo. They quickly swung out of the way. "You just had to say that!" She yelled at the boy. 

They swung away from the dinosaur and jumped past multiple hallways, all of the Spider-Men on their heels. They ended up in the cafeteria and jumped onto the serving table, Miles's foot stepped in someone's Miguel burger as they ran. "Sorry!" Miles yelled behind him. 

(Y/n) dodged a plushie Spider-Man and jumped to the ground, almost crashing into a table. Miles picked up a pizza box and blindly threw it behind him. A Spider-Monkey jumped on the two before Miles pushed it off and ran away. "There's even a monkey?!" The girl screamed while running away beside her boyfriend.

They noticed a wall just ahead but they couldn't stop, or else they would be captured. Miles and (Y/n) threw themselves into the wall, interrupting two Spider-Men in their therapy session. They ran down a blue and red hallway as they dodged oncoming attacks from the heroes behind them. They made it back into the lobby and dodged two shots from the western Spider-Man they met earlier. They threw themselves into the Spider-Horse and faced the man. "On the count of three, one--" Miles webbed the guy off of the horse.

"You didn't wait for three!"

"Sorry!" (Y/n) yelled as Miles smacked the horse to go faster. Miles went in front and (Y/n) sat behind him, wrapping her arms around his chest as they rode away. They rode passed all the cages. The Prowler they met earlier booed the two along with the other Spider-Men chasing them. 

A wolf in a spider outfit lunged at the two but Miles shoved the western Spider-Man's hat in its face. In front of them, a Spider-Woman crawled toward the two in a wheelchair. "Hey! I'm a huge fan of your guys' work!" 

"Thanks..."

"Do you think spider people too often use comedy as a crutch?.. Get it?" She jumped out of her chair and punched the two off of the horse. Miles and (Y/n) swung again as another Spider-Man appeared in front of them, seeing to move very slowly and in 2D "I can do anything he can!" They dodged him. "Oh, dang, I pulled something!"

They continued to run through another tunnel in another attempt to escape. A large block was held up by another Spider-Man and the two skidded on either side of the man, using their webs to pull the guy's legs down, trapping him and a few other spiders.