Chapter Six: Sleep

After all that my mom told me, I sat in my room. I thought of ways to try and convince Daylon to transfer to the magician school. Right as I was starting to get ideas, my phone went off. It was Daylon.

I sighed and answered it.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Not really. I just found out that my mother sold her soul to save me. And now, because of my mistake thousands of lives are at stake." I said heavily.

"What?! What are you taking about?" He asked in surprise.

I told him everything. How the demon king was bent on killing me, and in order to stop him, my mom made a deal with him, her soul for mine. And as long as I stayed way from them, I'd be safe, but now, I was putting everything at risk.

He paused for a while, then responded.

"All this has happened because of me," He said quietly.

"No, Daylon, it's my fault, I ..."

"Like Hell it's your fault. If I hadn't off brought you to my dumb school, you would have been safe. It's my fault." He growled.

"You didn't know. All you wanted to do was finish the school year with your friends. No one can blame you for wanting to say good bye to your friends. I don't blame you, no one does." I said trying to clam him down.

"Come over here, I need you." He said sounding like he was going to cry.

"I'll be there in just a second. I love you." I said, and the line went dead.

I got up, and picked up the necklace Daylon had given me just a few months ago. I slipped it around my neck, and squeezed the charm. Then I tucked it under my shirt and left for Daylon's house. I got to his porch, when I got the strange felling I was being watched.

I turned around, and what happened next... well, I don't quiet remember

There was a loud bang. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, and I collapsed. Then everything went black.

.....................................................................................................................................................

(Daylon's POV)

"Kyi!" I screamed running down the stairs. I threw open the front down, and fell to my knees.

Kyi, was on my front porch, with a single bullet wound in him stomach. Blood poured from the wound.

"No!? I screamed so loud it probably woke the dead.

"NO!!!" I screamed again. I scooped up his limp body, and stood up. By now, my mom, and Uncle Stan were behind me. Mrs. Dawn came running to our house. When she saw Kyi, she stopped and began to cry. She walked obpver to me and sobbed even harder. No one said a word. I took Kyi up to my room, and laid him on the bed. Uncle Stan wrapped the wound, and stood back.

Mrs. Dawn kneeled beside the bed. She kissed her only son's forehead and whispered, "Good bye, I love you, son." She stood and allowed me to say good bye.

"Let's give them some space." My mom said, and they all left the room.

I began to bawl.

"Kyi, please don't leave me. I can't loose you. I can't live without you. I'll do anything to save you. I'll kill the devil if I have to. Anything, as long as you live. I'll gladly take your place. Please, God, save him. Don't let him die." I pleaded to the ceiling. I hung my head.

"I didn't even get to say good bye. I love you too. " I whispered.

A single tear fell from my nose onto the wound. Then something caught my eye. A glimmer on pink light. I looked, and found the source was coming from under Kyi's shirt. I saw the chain of a necklace around his neck, and pulled the charm out from under his shirt. It was the necklace I gave him. It was glowing with a brilliant pink light.

Then it suddenly stopped. The light went away. I looked down at Kyi's wound. There was no blood. I unwrapped it. It was gone, but he still wasn't moving. I put my ear on his chest. At first, I didn't hear a heart beat. Then, there it was, a slow steady heart beat.

"He's not dead!" I screamed in joy.

Everyone was in the room in half a second.

"How?" Uncle Stan asked.

"The necklace I gave him a couple months ago. It started glowing, and when the light faded, he was healed." I said joyfully.

I turned to kiss Kyi, when Uncle Stan stopped me.

"Wait," Stan ordered. He reached out to touch, but he was stopped by an invisible force. He tried harder, but nothing happened. He spoke something under his breath, but what ever spell he was casting must have back fired, because he was thrown across the room.

"It is as I thought, a sleeping curse," Stan said picking himself off the floor.

"Wait, like in fairy tales?" I asked.

"Yes," He answered.

"Well than shouldn't true love's kiss break it?" I asked.

"Usually that would work, but this is a very powerful sleeping curse. Only the death of the caster can break it." Stan explained.

"Well, who cast this curse?" I asked.

"I know," Mrs. Dawn said quietly. She paused before speaking again.

"The Demon King."

...................................................................................................................................,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

A/N:

So, what did ya think? What will Daylon do to break this curse? It was kinda a short chapter, wasn't it? Well, the next chapter will be longer. Just wait..... *laughs wickedly* :)