Chapter 7: Facade

"How are we going to kill the Demon King?!" I asked, rage boiling my blood.

"It has been done before. Just cause he is very powerful, doesn't mean he is deathless. He can be killed." Mrs. Dawn said trying to calm me down.

"How?!" I snapped. She sighed.

"I don't know exactly. You see, no one has lived to tell the tale. To kill him, you have to make the ultimate scarifice. To kill him, you must die too."

"Than so be it!" I shouted in rage.

"No, Kyi wouldn't want you to. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he new that he was the reason , you died. There must be a way around it." Mrs. Dawn said putting her hand on my shoulder. I instantly felt more calm.

"Than what do we do?" I sighed starting to calm down.

"I don't know. I'm sure my grandmother would know how, but..." Mrs. Dawn stopped mid sentence, tears forming in her eyes.

"Maybe in the book she gave to Kyi." Stan said quietly.

"It's worth a shot." I said pulling the book out of the nightstand.

I turned through the pages reading. I searched desperately, but found nothing. I slammed the book shut in frustration. That's when I noticed something out of place. Something was sticking out of the back side of the cover. I pulled on it, and discovered it was a note.

"What is that?" Mrs. Dawn asked sitting down next to me.

"I don't know." I said studying it.

It was a small folded piece of paper. The only thing on it was the silver wax seal. The mark on the seal was a sun and moon. But it had a weird symbol in the center of the sun and moon.

"That is a sun seal. It will only open to you. You are a sun." Mrs. Dawn said surprised.

"We'll, what is it?" I asked studying the peice of paper.

"What ever it is, it's important, and my grandma knew you would need it." Mrs. Dawn answered sitting next to me.

I sighed and went to open then note. When I touched the seal, the wax melted and vanished as it fell of the paper. I carefully unfolded the page. At first, the page was blank, then a second later, words faded onto the page.

"What does it say?" Stan asked curiously.

I looked , but was only confused by what it said.

"It says, ' Book of Stars'." I said confused.

"That's it!" Mrs. Dawn exclaimed jumping of the bed.

"What?" I asked majorly confused.

"The Book of Stars is an ancient spell book. It contains spells of the stars." Mrs. Dawn said smiling.

"And?" I asked.

"Star magic is very rare and powerful. Only suns and moons can use star magic. The Book of Stars must have something powerful enough to cheat our way around killing the demon king." Mrs. Dawn explained.

"Do you know where it is?" I asked.

"No, does the note say?" She asked.

"No, it...." I stopped mid sentence. The words on the note had changed. Now, the words that appeared looked like Latin.

"What?" Stan asked.

"The note changed." I said flatly.

Mrs. Dawn took the note and studied it.