Chapter 1: Back to School

I woke in the morning with a smile on my face. I jumped to my feet and grabbed some cloths. I run into the bathroom and got into the shower. I was dressed and ready in under five minuets. I run down stairs where my mom was cooking breakfast.

"Kyi, why are you in such a rush?" My mom said setting a plate full of food on the counter for me.

"I'm just excited, that's all." I said sitting down.

"I've never seen you so excited to go to school." My mom said sounding surprised.

"Well, it is my first time ever even stepping onside a mortal school. I guess it's just that I'm about to do something I've never done before." I said quickly finishing my breakfast.

'' Just remember, never use your powers unless it is a life-or-death emergency. Got it?" She said sternly.

"Yes, mother." I said putting the dishes in the sink. I looked at he clock. 7:30. Time to go.

"Got to go, see ya." I said grabbing my back pack.

"Love you." My mom yelled.

"Love you too." I said walking out the door. I walked down the street to the bus stop. Suddenly, someone grabbed me, spun me around, and kissed me. Daylon!

"Daylon!" I exclaimed when we parted.

"I missed you." Daylon said his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Missed you too." I said wrapping my arms around his neck. We sat there for a minuet, just staring into each other's eyes, in each other's arms. Suddenly, the bus pulled up to the stop.

"Crap!" I said letting go of Daylon and racing him to the bus stop. We just barely made it. The bus was about to pull away when we go there.

The bus was old and ready to fall apart. We sat down in the only open seat, and I swear it almost broke.

"Ether I've gained a few pounds or this seat is about to break. This bus sucks." I said to Daylon.

"Yep, welcome to mortal school." Daylon said with a playful smile, and kissing me lightly on the cheek.

"Yo, new kid," Some one yelled from the back of the bus. I turned around only to be nailed in the face with a spit wad.

Daylon turned around and yelled, "Hey, back off!"

Then, he turn to me, and wiped off the wad of spit covered paper.

"Sorry, they're just idiots." He said with a scowl.

"This is going to take some getting use to. I guess it's better than mini lightning bolts." I said with a joking laugh.

"Lightning bolts? Wow, that must hurt. Teenage magicians must be mean." Daylon said with a smile.

"Magician?" Someone said from behind us. I turned to see a kid about my age resting his head on the back of our seat. He had dirt brown hair, bright green eyes, and tan skin. He was pretty cute.

"Umm.... aa..." I searched for a reply, but he cut me off with a laugh.

"Hey, just kiddin'. I already know you're a magician, as does everyone else. Personally, I'm fine with it, but the others might not be so excited to see a couple magicians." The kid replied.

My jaw dropped. "How did everyone find out?" I asked.

"You two reek with the sent of magic. I'll tell you my secret since I know your's. I'm a werewolf." The kid said with a sly smile.

"Werewolf? Baine, since when were you a werewolf?" Daylon asked.

"I've always been a werewolf, the bigger question is since when were you a magician and why aren't you going to the magician school?" Baine asked.