18

It was the day of the field trip and the whole class was gathered outside near the bus. The atmosphere was filled with chatter and excitement as the students placed their luggage inside and the teacher took attendance.

"Alright class, get in the bus."

Everyone took seats, Taehyung and Jeongguk obviously sitting next to each other. Taehyung shared his earbuds with the younger, who fell asleep on Taehyung's shoulder.

After about 2 hours, they finally arrived. The students awed at the impressive sight. The mountains were enormously huge. There were multiple tents and a huge fireplace in the center. On the side was a wooden house with bathrooms and shower rooms. On the opposite side was a huge lake and equipments for sports and activities.

It was already dinnertime when everyone had unpacked and settled down. Seokjin shared a tent with Namjoon. Jimin is with Yoongi and Hoseok. Meanwhile, Taehyung and Jeongguk stayed together.

The students helped the staff set up long tables and chairs. Some offered a second hand to prepare the meal. They made ramyeon, tteokbokki, and spring rolls.

By the time they finished eating, it was 10pm. Everyone went back to their tents.

At nighttime, the climate usually becomes a little chilly. As Taehyung started to fall asleep, he noticed Jeongguk shivering under the blankets. Of course he only brought a thin blanket even though Taehyung clearly warned him about the weather getting chilly at night.

"Aish, what am I going to do with this brat. He never listens." Taehyung scooted closer and wrapped his thick blanket over their bodies. Jeongguk unconsciously cuddled closer to Taehyung, and like that, they slept together.

---------------------------------------------------------

The sun has finally appeared. Day 1 of their field trip on set. It was a pleasurable morning, with chirping birds and occasional echoes of waves from the lake.

The students gathered around to help prepare breakfast consisting of pancakes, omelets, and peanut butter sandwiches.

And if you haven't heard yet, mountain goats do exist. The teacher ordered Jin and Jimin to bribe goats with some apples in exchange for their milk. The goats agreed and generously gave them their milk.

Everything was going great. On the first day, they decided to just chill around, pick flowers and do fun activities.

Namjoon and Hoseok went on a long walk. Jimin and Jin played volleyball with their classmates. Yoongi was sleeping in a hammock that he brought with himself, only for him to use.

Meanwhile Taehyung and Jeongguk went to swim in the lake.

"Ggukie, don't go too far. You can't swim remember?" Taehyung sighed for the nth time.

"Don't worry, if I drown then Hyungie will save me." Jeongguk winked and continued fooling around.

"True." Taehyung chuckled.

After a while, they had fruits and desserts for snack. It was a very relaxing time. However, Taehyung noticed that the younger was unusually quiet. That bothered him a little bit.

Jeongguk was usually active and hyper, but he was currently sitting on the ground and picking on grass. Very concerning indeed.

Taehyung signed and sat down next to Jeongguk, who didn't even acknowledge his presence. The younger just stared off into space, tearing the grass without much thought.

Taehyung gently grabbed his hand to stop him. After a while, Jeongguk finally sensed his presence.

"Oh hyungie....when did you get here?" He softly mumbled.

"Let's go talk Ggukie."

Jeongguk frowned.

"Talk about what? Why?"

"Just follow me. Cmon, get up." Taehyung stood up and offered his hand to Jeongguk. They walked in a random direction and kept silent until they reached a hidden pathway deep behind the trees.

It had a bench that's directed towards a big sea. Around the area were flowers, and there was a really peaceful aura. It seemed like a secreted area.

The two silently took a seat on the bench, breathing in the fresh sea air. Taehyung sighed before asking a question.

"Jeongguk, what's bothering you?"

Jeongguk kept quiet, fiddling with his fingers.

"Nothing.......just a little tired." was all he responded with.

But Taehyung knows him better than that. If something was bothering the younger, he'd never really admit it. He knows that he's always causing problems to his hyungs and he's tired of being a burden. But the sole reason why Taehyung has the strongest connection with Jeongguk is because he knows him. He knows what upsets Jeongguk and he knows the right words to comfort him. Nobody understands him better than Taehyung does.

The older gently took Jeongguk's hand, and rubbed it, a small gesture to tell Jeongguk that he's listening.

No matter how long it takes, Taehyung will always wait for him.

Jeongguk loved that about him. He loved how the older was always patient with him. He was thankful for that. But.......

Taehyung got surprised when he heard small sniffles. Jeongguk bit his lip as his face turned into a painful sight.

"Hey, hey Ggukie, what's wrong? C'mere baby." Taehyung pulled him into his neck and Jeongguk burst into tears.

He cried. He cried hard. He didn't hold back.

Taehyung rubbed his back and let Jeongguk cry his pain out. The younger clenched onto Taehyung's shirt, not yet ready to let go.

_______________________________________

Guess who decided to update after a year 🤡🤡