Where we call home

Berk.

The place that has been quiet and at peace, at least as a bystander would see. They are all still completely on edge and were waiting for the next dragon attack. They still trained using the dragons that they captured in the arena, keeping the next generation prepared for their return. They never learned Hiccup fought the Red Death and destroyed the dragon's nest to help them survive.

They might not want him around, but Hiccup didn't want them to suffer when he could have helped.

Astrid was currently out whilst the rest of the village was asleep. Her hair is still kept in a braid but her fringes have been cut shorter and are side-swept so that they no longer cover half her face. She now wears a side braid behind her ear and she has also stopped wearing kohl around her eyes. She wears a similar blue shirt, but her Gladiator skirt has fewer spikes on it, and the brown skirt underneath is replaced with a red skirt. She still wears the same shoulder guards and skull clips this time, with brown leather holster straps holding them in place across her upper chest and arm wrappings. She also now has brown leather knee pads over her leggings.

As she was holding up a lantern to see around the area, just outside of the dragon arena, she started to take notice of the fog rolling in. It was starting to make it harder for her to see, but she would still notice approaching ships with lights. They wouldn't be able to make it through this fog without any light or they'd risk running into the land masses.

But as she was facing the open ocean and looking around for any ships, a few shadowy figures dropped from the cliffs. They dropped and landed around the arena where they hid in the bushes. Astrid heard the ruffling and looked around to then try to see if anyone was there. She figured that it was just the work of the wind and nothing else when nothing moved.

Astrid then walked away and was continuing her search and patrol. One of the figures waited until Astrid left the raised their head to reveal it to be Sisu.

Sisu took a few looks around and narrowed her eyes to try and see through the fog. "Okay, all clear."

Then another figure popped their heads out from the bushes and revealed them to be Toothless. "She's right."

Hiccup then poked his head out and he was wearing his dragon armor once again. He raised his helmet and started to look around. "Okay, then let's get to work." He then looked down at the bushes and looked left and right. "You girls ready?"

It had been a few weeks since the battle for Kumandra. After the celebration in Heart, Hiccup had a meeting with the other dragons of Kumandra. They came to an agreement where Hiccup could bring the dragons to Kumandra, not allowing their kind to be hunted. Even though there were many differences, they were still dragon-kind, and so were basically family in their minds.

Namaari then poked her head out of the bushes and rubbed her arms as she was ready to go. Raya poked her head out of the bushes as well, revealing she was wearing basically the same outfit she did during the Druun incident. She didn't want to be wearing her fancy Princess of Heart gowns on this important mission, so this was the best she could do.

"Okay, where are they keeping the dragons?" Raya asks her boyfriend.

Hiccup pointed downward further down the hill towards the Dragon arena. "There. The dragon training arena."

Toothless snarled and growled at the memory of that awful place. Hiccup pet his friend's neck as he knew that would calm him down.

"It's okay, Bud. I know, some bad memories for me, too." Hiccup admitted and sighed. "Let's get this over with."

"I'll take care of the guard," Namaari tells them and sneaked off to deal with Astrid.

Raya noticed that this was bringing up some bad memories for him. "Hiccup, we don't have to do this now."