Talk about quite the surprise

Hiccup and Raya reentered the room where the party was still going on and they were greeted by warm smiles. The tribal leaders and Sisu's siblings admired the warm glowing cheeks of the happy couple. Benja didn't even take a moment to second-guess what had happened between them; he knew there was no doubt as to what had transpired between them.

"We have an announcement to make," said Hiccup. He smiled at Raya, and she smiled back with tears of joy in her eyes.

Raya wrapped her arm around Hiccup's waist as he placed one around her shoulder. "Hiccup and I are officially engaged!"

Raya and Hiccup held up their hands to show off the rings. Everyone erupted into peals of laughter and cheers. They clapped and danced, while whistling in celebration.

The couple was suddenly pulled into a big group hug by Tong, Boun, Noi, and the Ongis. Even Heather came in but was a little shy to join them, so Raya pulled her in. Tuk Tuk even joined in as he rolled up and licked the couple, who laughed at the action. To their surprise, Sisu and Toothless weren't in the room yet. But to their joy, they flew right into the room and wrapped their scaly bodies around the group, making the bear hug even more squishy.

"Oh, this is the best thing to happen to you guys!" Sisu exclaimed.

Thanks, Sisu," Raya said as they parted ways. "It's amazing. And a little spooky to think about."

"You kidding? I'm waiting for the day you two learn to read each other's minds." Toothless said, rolling his eyes.

Hiccup chuckled as he pushed his dragon friend aside playfully.

"Raya," Benja said, approaching his daughter. He gave a proud nod as he hugged his daughter. "I couldn't be happier for you, Dewdrop."

Hiccup remembered their talk about him and Raya taking over as chief and knew Benja really believed he could help her lead the people. But Hiccup wasn't entirely sure if he believed in himself. Did he believe in himself? That's when someone approached them from behind. It seemed it was just Erret as he approached and cleared his throat to get Hiccup's attention.

"Erret, son of Erret," Hiccup greeted his friend with a chuckle. "What brings you here? Have you come to wish me a happy birthday?"

"Afraid not, Chief," Erret said. That's a nickname he gave to Hiccup when they found him, and he kinda just stuck with it. "Sightings of Dragon Hunters just north of here. Thought you'd want to know."

"Dragon Hunters?" Hiccup was surprised to hear there were ships near Kumbara. "Are they coming here?"

"From the looks of it, they're just passing through. But they seem to have a full ship." Erret reported what he and his dragon had discovered.

Hiccup looked at Benja, knowing he was looking for permission to leave. "You should definitely go," Benja said. "This party will still be here when you get back."

Hiccup nodded and was about to run off to get ready to go when Raya stopped him. "Hold on there, tough guy," she said. "I just agreed to be your life partner, and that means some things are going to change."

Hiccup was a little surprised when he heard that. "Things like what?"

"Like, right now, instead of you going alone, I want to come with you," Raya explained to him.

"You do?" Hiccup asked.

"You do?" asked Toothless.

"Come on, the two of us taking down Dragon Hunters? It'll be like when we first met." Raya said as she caressed his chest. "After I punched you in the face."

"Hey, what if we could help out?" Boun wondered aloud.

"It would be like back in Fang." Tong agreed.

"You all want to come along?" asked Hiccup. He saw they all wanted to help and sighed. "Well, it's a good thing I actually was working on something."