A strange reunion and a call to action

As Benja briefed Hiccup and Raya about the impending threat, Sisu got acquainted with a young baby Night Fury. The discovery of the baby dragon was a surprise to everyone, and it raised hopes of finding more of their kind. Sisu was amazed by the baby's cuteness and playfulness, and she couldn't resist spending time with it. The little dragon seemed to reciprocate Sisu's affection, which made everyone feel happy and hopeful for the future.

"Aw, look at you!" Sisu exclaimed as she got a look at the baby Night Fury. "You're adorable."

The baby Night Fury didn't seem to share Sisu's enthusiasm as it quickly hid behind Toothless for protection. Baby dragons this young aren't supposed to be too far from their parents, as they don't have the instincts to fight back or the strength to defend themselves. Toothless just happened to be one of the lucky surviving hatchlings, and even he was older than Yin was. It's rare for a young dragon to have survived on its own this long and this much.

"Sorry, she still needs to get used to others not hurting her," Toothless explained to her.

"It's alright, Toothless," Tong promised.

"I can't believe there are more Night Furies out there," Boun said with joy.

"Why don't we give them some space, guys?" Heather asked and gestured away from them. "Let Yin get used to Sisu, and see if we can go from there."

The commotion had died down and everyone had dispersed, leaving Toothless and Sisu alone with the frightened baby dragon perched on her back. Yin, the dragon who had warned them to stay away from Sisu, had also left the scene. Toothless and Sisu now stood in silence, pondering how to address the events of the previous night. The air was tense as they exchanged glances, each waiting for the other to speak up. Despite the awkwardness, they both knew that they needed to have an honest conversation about what had transpired.

"So, that kiss..." Sisu commented, trying to start a talk.

"Yeah, it was...different," Toothless confirmed this was odd. "I never really considered the idea of finding a mate. But I guess that those feelings were building up over the years being around you."

Sisu was a little surprised to see how easily he talked about it. "Yeah, well, I was asleep for 500 years and never really considered the idea either." She then leaned over and caressed her head against Toothless. "But if it was anyone, it was bound to be you."

Toothless expressed his contentment by purring softly as he affectionately nudged Sisu's shimmering mane with his nose. It was a heartwarming sight, as Toothless showed his love and appreciation for his friend Sisu, the last dragon, who reciprocated with a gentle nuzzle. Sisu looked up at Yin, who was still perched on Toothless' back, observing the exchange with curiosity. Sisu tried to appear as friendly as possible to Yin, and it seemed to work, as Yin slowly crawled up Toothless' head to approach Sisu. Sisu's eyes glimmered with a sense of trust as Yin purred and caressed herself over Sisu's face, establishing a bond between the two dragons.

"Aw, I knew we were gonna be good friends," Sisu said with a smile.

————————

Hiccup found himself in a perplexing situation. He was standing face to face with a woman who claimed to be his mother. This was a woman who had supposedly died years ago, killed by dragons. Hiccup was struggling to process this information, feeling a mix of disbelief, confusion, and shock. He couldn't help but hyperventilate as his mind raced, trying to make sense of what was happening.

"I know," Valka tells Hiccup assuringly. "This...this is a lot to understand. But it is me."

"But..." Hiccup wasn't sure what to believe anymore. "You died! I was told that you were eaten by..." Then he started to put some things together as he looked around at all of the dragons surrounding them. "Dragons..."