Darkness is coming

Hiccup started to flutter his eyes open, thinking he had just fallen asleep while stargazing with Toothless. However, what confused him was when he looked around, he realized he was surrounded by rocks and rubble. He was unsure of what was happening as he stood up and looked around, noticing that he was in Fang.

"No," Hiccup whispered in shock and horror. He crawled up to his feet and looked around at the environment. There were Druuns and Dragon Hunters shooting at the people as they tried to escape. "This can't be happening," he groaned and held his hip, seeing it was injured. "We stopped this."

"Oh, so you thought," Krogan said, stepping on Hiccup as he fell to his chest. "You lost."

"Hiccup!" Raya groaned, getting Hiccup to look over and see that she was stuck underneath some of the rubble. "Help..."

"Raya..." Hiccup tried his best to get away from Krogan. But he was shoved into the dirt by Krogan as he marched toward Raya. "No... leave her alone!"

Krogan grabbed Raya by the hair and yanked her upward. "Now, why would I want to do that?" He then drew his sword and Raya whimpered in fear. "When I could kill her, and make you watch."

"Hiccup," Raya pleaded in terror. "Help me."

"Hang on! I'll...I'll..." Hiccup whimpered out as he tried to get up.

"Oh, no, you won't," Krogan said as he went to stab Raya.

Hiccup cried out as the blade embedded itself into Raya's back. "No!"

——————————————————

Hiccup jumped up in shock and terror, looking around to see he was lying against Toothless. The moon indicated it was still some time late at night. He looked over and saw his dragon friend was still sleeping peacefully.

It was just a nightmare. He sighed and stood up so he could look around the area. Rubbing his head, he knew he wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep for a while.

"Hiccup?" Toothless got up and noticed he was awake. "Why are you up?"

"I-I just got cold," Hiccup lied, not wanting to get into it right now. He sighed and watched Toothless get up. "Come on, we better get back before someone gets worried about us."

Toothless then lets Hiccup climb on him and they fly back to the castle. Hiccup however couldn't get that dream out of his head, with the worry and thought of Raya's death. Krogan was gone, he had nothing to worry about. He can't hurt any of them, and the Dragon Hunters are nothing more than just people trying their best to stay in business.

As he looked down at the lands of Kumandra from his vantage point high above, he smiled and felt content knowing that everything had turned out so well for them.

——————————————————

Raya made it to the bridge where she saw that her friends had already made their way over. Boun and his family arrived, but it seemed like he was the only one who left the Shrimp-orium with Scorch. Tong made his way down while riding Steel.

"Hey." Boun greeted as he jumped off Scorch. "We got your message."

Tong then got off of Steel and patted her on the head. "Yes, you summoned us for something urgent, didn't you?"

Raya sheepishly hesitated in her voice. "Well... depends on what you call urgent." She then strolled down to them. "It's Hiccup."

"Something happened to you two? Because I can't help but notice his absence," Boun wonders.