|| 19. Friends (UN-EDITED)

Emerging from the confines of the stall, Hermione's gaze lifted from her tear-streaked face only to freeze in place, her heart pounding in her chest at the sight that greeted her

Emerging from the confines of the stall, Hermione's gaze lifted from her tear-streaked face only to freeze in place, her heart pounding in her chest at the sight that greeted her. Before her, a grotesque display of fungi-infested, massive feet marked the entrance of an intruder she hadn't anticipated – a troll, colossal and menacing, its presence consuming the small bathroom.

A gasp caught in Hermione's throat as her eyes widened, capturing the sheer scale of the troll that loomed over her. The guttural growl that emanated from its throat sent shivers down her spine, every fiber of her being urging her to flee. In a dazed realization, she took a faltering step backward, her retreat halted by the stall door pressing against her back.

Instinct kicked in as a surge of adrenaline propelled her actions. The stall door swung open under her trembling hand, and she darted inside, her breath coming in frantic bursts. Yet, the sanctuary of the stall offered no true refuge as the sounds of impending destruction reverberated around her.

A piercing scream tore through the air as the troll wielded its colossal club with an unforgiving force, shattering the wooden stalls into splinters. Hermione was left exposed, vulnerable to the chaotic onslaught of destruction.

"Granger!" Y/N's voice cut through the tumult, an exclamation fueled by a mixture of concern and determination. Alongside Ron and Harry, Y/N barged into the bathroom, her eyes narrowing at the sight of falling debris cascading from the impact.

"Hermione, move!" Harry's urgent cry overlapped with the sight of Hermione frantically crawling beneath the wreckage, her pleas for help echoing through the chaos. The trio sprang into action, rallying amidst the chaos to offer whatever assistance they could.

With the remnants of the destroyed stalls as makeshift weapons, they unleashed a barrage of wooden projectiles, attempting to divert the troll's attention. Ron's daring remark drew the troll's gaze, a wooden piece colliding with its head in an audacious show of defiance. Hermione seized the moment, slipping away and darting under the sinks, her heart pounding with equal parts terror and desperation.

"Help!" Hermione's cry was a heart-wrenching plea that resonated through the tumult. Y/N's resolve surged as she lunged forward, seizing the opportunity to intervene. 

With swift determination, she seized hold of the troll's massive club, the force propelling her backward into the unforgiving cold of the sinks. She gritted her teeth against the impact, a low growl of frustration escaping her lips as she pushed herself back to her feet.

Meanwhile, atop the troll's shoulders, Harry's daring move turned him into an unexpected aerial participant in the confrontation. Y/N's gaze flickered to his precarious position, concern flashing across her features before she turned her attention to Hermione, who now clung to the edges of her shelter beneath the sinks. With a determined motion, Y/N extended her arm towards Hermione, offering a lifeline amidst the chaos.