|| 29. Mom, I'm not Gay! (UN-EDITED)

Y/N found herself comfortably seated at the elegantly set dinner table, the warm glow of the chandelier casting a soft light over the scene

Y/N found herself comfortably seated at the elegantly set dinner table, the warm glow of the chandelier casting a soft light over the scene. Amaryllis, gracious host that she was, had extended an invitation to Hermione for an evening of shared company and delightful food.

The table itself was a work of art, adorned with a tantalizing array of dishes that promised a feast for the senses. A diligent house elf stood ready, presenting each dish with a respectful bow as they revealed the culinary creations to the guests.

As the conversations flowed, Hermione and Amaryllis engaged in a lively exchange. Their smiles and animated gestures spoke of a natural camaraderie, as if they had known each other for far longer than just this evening. Amaryllis, her attention momentarily diverted from her plate, directed her gaze toward Y/N. 

"You never mentioned you had such a nice friend, Y/N," she remarked casually, the glint of curiosity in her eyes as she deftly cut a piece of her meal. Y/N responded with a contented hum, acknowledging Amaryllis' observation.

"Hermione's lovely," Amaryllis continued, a gentle note of approval evident in her tone. Her words carried an air of genuine warmth, a testament to the rapport she seemed to have established with Y/N's unexpected dinner guest.

"Lovely?" Y/N's voice held a hint of playful skepticism, an eyebrow quirking upward as her amused expression danced in the soft light.

"Hermione and 'lovely' in the same breath? I might dare say that's one of the most outlandish notions I've encountered in all my days," Y/N replied, her tone a blend of jest and mock incredulity.

Amaryllis' question about dessert broke the playful rhythm. "Ah, dessert, anyone?" she inquired, her eyes sparkling with a touch of mischief. 

"I happen to have acquired a delectable lemon pie." The offer hung in the air, the promise of a sweet conclusion to the meal.

Both Y/N and Hermione politely declined, shaking their heads in tandem. "We've indulged quite heartily earlier at a charming little café," Hermione explained, a fond smile gracing her lips.

She glanced affectionately at Y/N before continuing, "The food was truly exquisite, much like your hospitality, Miss Crimson—oh, I mean, Amaryllis." A gentle chuckle escaped Amaryllis, the sound a melodic echo of the evening's pleasant interactions.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N and Hermione sat in Y/N's room, Y/N on the computer as Hermione lay on her bed, prepping ahead for their lessons. Y/N threw a sideways glance her way, raising an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" she asked, Hermione turning to her with a hint of confusion.

"What?" Hermione inquired.

"It's Christmas break... and you're not taking a break?" Y/N questioned, a touch of incredulity in her tone. Hermione responded with a playful eye roll.