|| 23. Do You Like Her? (UN-EDITED)

Y/N let out a soft, discontented grunt, her body shifting restlessly as the tendrils of consciousness tugged her from slumber

Y/N let out a soft, discontented grunt, her body shifting restlessly as the tendrils of consciousness tugged her from slumber. With a low-pitched grumble escaping her lips, she reluctantly blinked her eyes open, met by the sight of Aurora peering down at her.

"Y/N, hey, wake up!" Aurora's voice cut through the haze of drowsiness, urgent yet laced with familiarity. "We've got only 2 hours before the train departs. Time to get moving," she declared, her words punctuated by Y/N's slow and groggy awakening.

"Urff... just give me five more minutes," Y/N mumbled, a trace of exasperation tinting her voice.

Aurora's eyes rolled, a mixture of amusement and impatience dancing in their depths, as she reached out to tug Y/N into a sitting position. Y/N protested weakly, her whine of resistance escaping as she was handed a set of clothes that were pressed into her chest.

"Shower first. The rest of us will be waiting in the Great Hall," Aurora directed, her tone carrying a hint of authority blended with camaraderie. Y/N yawned widely, the fatigue of early morning evident in the way she stretched and moved.

"Good morning to you too."

✴✴✴✴✴

Within the school's ornate interior, a cascade of Christmas decorations adorned the hallways, transforming the otherwise familiar surroundings into a festive wonderland.

Everywhere you turned, Christmas trees stood resplendent, their branches adorned with shimmering baubles and twinkling lights that cast colorful patterns across the marble floors. Y/N had efficiently stowed her trunk in the carriages, ensuring it would be transported to the train, thus sparing herself the burden of lugging it along the path to the station.

As the group gathered around a table, laden with an assortment of delectable dishes, the buzz of conversation filled the air, accompanied by the clinking of cutlery against plates. Sophie, her plate now artfully arranged with a selection of the offerings, piped up with a curious question.

"So, what's everyone's plan for Christmas?" she inquired, her tone lively and inquisitive.

"Same old, same old," Seraphina replied, a note of familiarity lacing her words. Sophie nodded understandingly, her hum of agreement signifying the shared sentiment.

Their conversation was momentarily disrupted as a figure well-known to the group approached, a warm smile gracing her lips as she maneuvered her luggage with ease. Y/N's eyes brightened with a fleeting spark of recognition, a silent communication exchanged between the friends, a subtle exchange of knowing smirks – though Aurora, true to form, remained relatively stoic.

"Hey," Y/N greeted, her posture unconsciously straightening as she instinctively adjusted her hair and clothing.

"Hi," Hermione responded with a smile, her gaze briefly flickering to the mirror by her side, ensuring her appearance met her standards. "Um, Merry Christmas," she added, a hint of bashfulness accompanying her words. Y/N's smile grew, a soft chuckle escaping her.