|| 25. Mom (UN-EDITED)

Y/N and Caspian stepped out of the car, the atmosphere between father and daughter heavy with tension

Y/N and Caspian stepped out of the car, the atmosphere between father and daughter heavy with tension. They walked side by side through the parking lot, though a noticeable distance separated them. The restaurant's entrance loomed ahead, a beacon of both warmth and awkwardness.

As they crossed the threshold into the restaurant, the receptionist greeted them with a polite smile. Caspian's voice held a certain detachment as he spoke, "Crimson. Table for three." The waiter nodded, leading them toward an intimate and lavish private room, complete with a reserved table. The sliding door opened smoothly, revealing the inviting space within.

Y/N's once-slouched posture transformed, her body now upright and alert. Her eyes locked onto her mother, Amaryllis, and a radiant smile illuminated her face. With a surge of excitement, Y/N dashed toward the older woman, her voice bursting with joy, "Mom!" Her hands reached out as she playfully pounced on Amaryllis from behind. A soft grunt escaped Amaryllis before she turned around, fully embracing the incoming affection.

"Oh, my dear. Have you grown taller? It's only been a few months!" Amaryllis' voice held a mix of astonishment and tenderness, her fingers gently threading through Y/N's hair as if to confirm the reality of the moment.

"I've missed you," Y/N whispered softly, the warmth of their reunion encapsulating the moment as Amaryllis joined in a gentle sway, their connection almost palpable.

Chuckling, Amaryllis replied, "I've missed you too, dear. How's Kipper? Is he all right? Have you been taking care of him?" The contented sigh that followed seemed to carry the weight of Amaryllis' motherly affection before they slowly separated.

Nodding, Y/N assured, "Yeah, he's all right." Another chuckle echoed from Amaryllis, and they settled back into their seats as the diligent butlers and waiters arranged the table, a synchronized dance of preparation. Caspian mirrored the action, a semblance of order amid the complex emotions swirling around them.

The atmosphere shifted as Caspian's voice broke through the silence at the dinner table, his hands resting on the tabletop. "So... I heard you and Draco had a falling out?" The genuine curiosity in his voice was met with a fading smile from Y/N, a shadow crossing her expression.

"It doesn't concern you," Y/N murmured, the words a quiet shield against a conversation she clearly wanted to avoid.

Caspian's response carried a mixture of regret and tradition, "It does concern me, you know. Our family and the Malfoys have been acquainted for years, since the dawn of time! You're breaking tradition. Lucius and I honestly expected you two to wed."

A flicker of frustration danced in Y/N's eyes. "I'm twelve! And you're already thinking of marriage? What am I, an animal to you?" The bite in her retort was evident, her indignation flaring against Caspian's insensitivity. "I couldn't care less about your history with the Malfoys. They're all arses anyway," she added, her voice softening with a hint of resignation.