episode 9 - Selina Kyle

POV BRUCE

-He could be anyone, Alfred. He never takes off his helmet in front of them, none of them knows his identity. I'm sure of that.

In my cave, I get stuck in the iron ceiling, in front of my computer, in it, there is the photo of the leader of the Red Hood Gang. I wear an electro-adhesive boot, which I'm testing. It is a new technology, black with some small points of light on the sole.

- weights, sir?

-Fifty, please—Alfred hands me iron weights and I hold them, with his arms stretched down—he is not only faceless to the Gang, but they are usually faceless to each other. As far as I know, most members don't even have a criminal record. They are from the middle and upper classes of Gotham. Men and women that this man has heavily armed or blackmailed. He threatens them, gives them a mask and now they are members of the Red Hood. He has a core of current followers. But in general, the Gang is like a collection of dormant agents that he can shoot at any time, a wife, a husband... Anyone can secretly be in the Gang.

- more, sir?

-More fifty, please—Alfred gives me more weights—let's give the electro—adhesive boot a stressor. But it's a new type of crime that this Gang practices. Nothing like the city's common street crimes. It's like a crime under the skin, something viral, hidden until it's too late.

-Yes, sir, this Gang is different and dangerous. I'm afraid that... Be too big a challenge for you.—Alfred, rest your hands on the computer. I detach myself from the ceiling, falling on my feet without letting the weights fall.

I leave them on a table and get a bottle of water, I'm thirsty. I put on a black long-sleeved shirt.

-Don't worry, Alfred, I've been at it for two years. Don't worry, I know how to take care of myself—I say sitting on the chair, watching the photo of the Hood on my screen.

-I know, sir... When you came back after years of missing and asked me to help you in this endeavor, I just accepted to be able to put meaning in your head, and stay by your side is put behind me.

-I know, Alfred, thank you for that. Now...—I press the keys on my keyboard, showing photos of the victims I saved earlier—the men that the Red Hood Gang was going to run, they were all low-level executives. Businessmen who refused to join them. And I...

We heard the front door bell ring. I activate the front camera with the image on my second screen.

-Your uncle came to see you.

-I wouldn't see him only at the party at night?—I ask turning my chair to Alfred.

-It was as predicted —I look at the image on the screen—but It looks like your uncle came to pay a visit Unusual before—I let go a long sigh—If you want, I'll tell him to leave.

-No... You don't have to. I'm going there to talk to him— I get up going to the mansion, see what Philip wants it.

I pass through the main corridor of the mansion that leads to the front door, in this corridor, I see a picture of my parents with me. I remember how much I was in the fireplace, paralyzed after their death...

 I remember how much I was in the fireplace, paralyzed after their death