episode 15 - Too late

-Captain James Gordon—I put a receptive smile on my face—please sit down—I move my hand indicating the sofa.

-Ah, thank you, Mr. Wayne —sits on the furniture. He gives a slight stir noticing the softness of the accent.

I sit in an armchair in front of him, taking my straight leg up from the left.

-Ham, Alfred. Bring some drink.

-You don't have to bother. I'm not gonna drink.

-Oh, but I'm going—I laugh—bring it anyway—I nod to Alfred.

-Yes, mr. Wayne—is heading down the hall, disappearing from my sight.

-Well, what would you give your illustrious presence, captain? —I leave my hands on the arm of the armchair.

-Illustrious? —raises an eyebrow—I don't think I'm that important.

-But that's not what the media says. You arrested Flass, knocked down Loeb, which left Falcone vulnerable.

-I had help—dunlean a humble smile. He fixes his overcoat—but so do you. It was very brave what he did in the A.C.E. chemistry, facing the Red Hood Gang.

—I did my duty.

—Your parents... —he pauses for a moment, being careful with his words—... They would be proud of you, for everything you have been doing in these years since you came back —my gaze lowers a little, but I still hear your voice. He lets out a sigh, with his vision wandering around the room. A big sigh—I remember the night I met an eight-year-old boy... Crying, because he witnessed the greatest horror in his life. I wish I had done more to help you, besides putting a coat on your shoulders...

I wait on the bench at the police station, with the tears running down my face. Still paralyzed... With lost, vague, empty eyes... I move between my fingers the only pearl I could catch, I still hear the shots, the screams, and my father's voice...

Officer Gordon shows up in his uniform. With a kind and welcoming smile. He puts a coat on my shoulders, warming me up in the middle of the rain that makes the weather cold. I feel good, comfortable, a safe haven for someone to show this welcome... He sits next to me, and my eyes meet his.

 He sits next to me, and my eyes meet his

-Everything will be fine, son. I know it's hard, I know... But everything will be fine —feeling good about his presence, I hurry to hug him, looking for more comfort. While I let the tears roll. I feel your arms around me.... At least, I feel good right now...

-Even the coat on a boy's shoulders, you can show him that the world is not lost... That there is still something to hold on to—He smiles.

-Well, time to do my job —sold out the nose.

-Sure—smile and I look up.

-Two scientists from Wayne companies Died because of a serum injected into their bodies, which made their bones grow and twist until it kills them.