episode 16 - The real monster

They start to open fire. The shots are of heavy caliber, and with that, they can penetrate my suit.

-ARGH!!

Some of them hit my skin, drawing blood from me. The bullets pierce my cape and destroy my costume. The artillery is too heavy.

-SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD! IN THE HEAD!!

With the order of the commissioner, they unload more artillery, breaking a part of my mask. The armor layer systems begin to fail, this includes the communicator.

-Shit!!— I grab a small gas ball, removed from my belt, I throw it against them. She explodes covering the cave room—Cave! Can you hear me?!—I put on a mask to breathe in the middle of the gas.

-Sir... Zzzzzt! N-no... Zzzzztt!! It's..Zzzzztt!

-It's no use trying, freak! We were warned and we are prepared!!—the police put on masks so they can breathe.

-Cave! If you're listening... Ah, they set me up!! They armed ARGH!! — a shot catches my scratching chest —I'm going up!!—I grab my arpel.

-When he tries to climb, aim at the top, at the top!!

I go up to the exit floor. When I get out, I come across more police officers.

-Cave, I'm surrounded! —no answer—shit!

One of the S.W.A.T. soldiers comes up and hits me with a truncheon.

-Raahhh!! —I grab your arm and break it. I kneel you in the belly and throw it at another policeman.

One more one appears firing with a machine gun. I detour as much as I can and jump on top of him, kicking his gun away and then his face. He fell fainted. I run to the exit going in the direction of my boat.

-He is going to the boat, sir!! —in the water, I see a boat with more police officers approaching. Others are around the exit.

When I get to my vehicle, with the cabin open, I see a radio next to an explosive.

-I hope you like the candy I left for you, Batman!—I hear the voice of the commissioner coming out of the radio. I widen my eyes.

Everything explodes and I'm thrown away, with my face hitting against the earthy ground. The shots get the sound of buzzing, discomfort... I have to get up...

-There! Fire!!!

A shot hits the ground next to my face. I quickly get up and start running into the lab.

-He's coming back, sir!!!

I jump downstairs and come across the commissioner and his men again.

-Look at you!! You're back, that's good!!!—more shots coming against me.

The gas is still here, it helps me hide. I run to the pool barrel and jump inside.

-I heard a dive!! —they appear just above shooting.

I grab an oxygen tube and quickly dive, while the bullets cross the water.

I grab the tube with my legs and hands and kick it, opening its lid. The use as a propellant that quickly takes me away from them. I'm going to the surface, with the waters agitated by the rain that dominates the city.

-Ahh, cave!! Cof, coff, are you Listening??!! Coff, coff!! —I feel the blood go down my forehead while my mask systems burn.

-Batman!!—a boat appears, with strong lights —come, come up here before they find you!!

-He's not here!!! Search the whole river, find it!!! NOW!!! —I hear the commissioner on the speaker.

I look back at Gordon. He wears a lifeguard with a chapel to protect himself from the rain.