episode 20 - the challenge

At the top of the University building of Gotham, enjoying the outdoors and the sunlight on his skin, is Lucius Fox. He breathes the air, feeling a peace in his heart with his eyes closed. A shadow appears preventing the sun from reaching your face. His eyelids open, glazing the big figure in front of him.

-Even the sun can be overcome... —smiles.

All who resist with Batman, being the tactical team, Lucius and Gordon, all of them are located in an abandoned building, nothing flashy

On an old table, the bat extends the map of the city, with Jim and Lucius by his side.

-He acts as if the challenge is to defeat him in a battle of minds in a coliseum. But it's not—says Batman to everyone — the real challenge he's forcing us is to catch him. Find your hiding place.

-But there are millions of places in the city. He can be anywhere—Gordon starts talking—can he be on the other side of the river?—he questions.

-No, Captain... —Lucius manifests—..... The siphon that the Riddler is using to control the network was not designed for this. And for infiltrations. He's somewhere in the city. We just have to find out where, but it won't be easy. He's not using the device conventionally, just enough to send a signal over the network. Turn something on and then turn it off.

-But why?

-If it leaves a very long line, the signal can be traced back to its origin—Batman responds—Sr. Fox, you helped develop the siphon he is using to control the network. Can you create a device to track the signal it is using?

-I have something I can change. A pin. But it's no use, Batman. It would need to be connected directly to the line that Nygma is using. We would have to know when and where he would turn on the power and...

-We know —Batman cuts him with the answer.

His index finger lands on the table, in a photo, pointing to the central tower where the riddle appears and plays his deadly games.

-Even so. It would take a while to connect to the screen. About ten minutes, maybe more... Everything to track the signal. Riddler never stayed on more than a few minutes... And the people who challenge him don't even have time to curl up. He kills them before he starts—Lucius wanders the look between Batman and Gordon.

-And did you want to challenge him?—the policeman raises his eyebrow.

-I had to try, around the city. I thought only I would be punished... If he finds out what we plan, he will punish the city—says with a slightly low tone.

- ... He will punish cities anyway. He's the kind of person who just wants an excuse to start... We have to try —the look of Batman wanders through the window, sighting the big city

-You need it. But if you realize that he is going to bring you down, you must run, or he will throw you into the Colosseum below—Lucius alert.

-There's no way to win down there, Batman—Gordon completes.