episode 17 - I failed

With strength and persistence, I raise my body opening my arms letting out a scream, looking for air.

-Aaarrgh!—I get up from Pile of bones.

POV GORDON

-Quick! Everyone go to the buses!! Now!! —we evacuate the neighborhood.

Storm Rene arrived, with force... If we don't get people out of here, many will die. Rays with shades of purple cut through the sky, winds drag cars, water flood roads... This is a storm never seen before. I wear a yellow raincoat to try to protect myself, I'm going to a bus that will transport people. At the bus door, there's a little girl. I hold the den of my cape so I don't fly.

-I need to go back inside—I'm careful that the wind doesn't take me.

-But when are we going back? —She questions with a sad tone.

-When you're safe, young lady. But now we need you to get out of here! The neighborhood was already flooded in a normal storm, but this super storm Rene, is something else... —suddenly my phone starts ringing— back inside. They are going to get you out of here!! —everyone who was out of the buses starts going back to the vehicles.

I turn to the other side grabbing my cell phone from my pocket and answering the call.

-Barbara?! Is there a problem? Barb...

-You need to go to the Wayne tower now.

-Who is it?!

-You know who it is —of course, thick and abnormal voice, who else could it be...

-Wayne tower?! —I look at the building that can be seen for miles —we have three more neighborhoods to evacuate before...

-Nygma is there. The central points he used in the power surge were a curved line and a straight base.

-A question mark...

-The tower is right where the question mark should be. His plan, captain, is much bigger than anything I expected. Each researcher who Nygma killed, their material was stolen.

-Is Nygma the killer?! But I saw the research, there was nothing being done in those laboratories that could be used for...

-Not alone, but together. Connected. They could cripple the city and give control of it to Nygma.

-.... When?

-It's ready to start when the police turn the power back on. They turn on the key and it will transfer complete and total control to Nygma.

-They... They will reactivate the power in a few minutes, Batman!

-That's why you need to go to the tower Wayne. You need to be there. Now! That's where he will be waiting to receive the broadcast.

-What about you?!

POV NARRATOR

-I'm going to answer his riddle.

In the skies, below the black clouds of the storm, is the commissioner along with other police officers in an airship.

-Commissioner, we need to get out of here!! The storm will destroy us and the wind will take our remains!!—afflicted, the pilot says.

-NO!! I won't be the Commissioner who will leave this city in the dark. Let's stay here until they turn the power back on!! —the commissioner holds on so he doesn't fall as the wind shakes the aircraft.

-Guys!! —One of the detectives looks amazed at the window —look at that!!—everyone approaches around —what the hell is that?

In the clouds, a huge dark shadow appears, three times larger than an ordinary airship.