episode 19 - deadly riddle

POV GORDON

I keep going up the old metal stairs of the building. I try my best not to look down. I carry my backpack with me, which causes me back pain. It's been months since the domination of the city, I'm the only one who still fights against Nygma. There are people who stayed too, but not by choice, but because they were arrested. I haven't shaved in a long time. And I needed new clothes, without being old or abandoned.

-Yes, keep going Jim, look down. You'll love this—I say to myself, looking down. I see the river that the street has become.

I can get to the top and soon sit on the floor, trying to catch my breath, but I have difficulty.

-Ahh, uhhh, I have to stop smoking. Oh, my god—I look for the radio in my coat, I'll turn it on as soon as I find it—here is Jim Gordon, someone listening?—nothing—someone there listening, damn?! It's almost time, shit!!

POV BRUCE

-Do you have a phone?—I'll turn to Duke.

-I have it. But Mr. Nygma has control of the telephone lines. There is no way to call anywhere —he gives me the device.

-I have a special number—I say by pressing the buttons on the device.

-You're really a billionaire—I type the number and the call begins.

-Hello?—I hear Alfred's voice.

-Alfred, it's me.

-Ah, master Bruce, thank God. I was afraid, I thought you...

-I'm fine. As far as possible —I lean on the window, watching the view of the city —I remember crawling from the wreckage, distancing myself from the accident. I took mine, mine...

-Your formal attire, Sr.

-Yes... That's it. Then everything went dark. And now I wake up here, and see the city that is...

-Lost, Sr.—I hear the tone of sadness and tiredness in your voice—the tunnels that give access out of the city are flooded, weather balloons dominate the city. The surrounding walls are threatened. He has the city in his hands. Playing her sick games with her, having control of the entire power grid. Few remained to fight, few face him.

-I failed with the city... I failed...

-you weren't ready... What will you do now?

-I don't know... Do you have a spare suit?

-Obviously. The closest one must be at your residence... In the alley of the crime—I keep the look serious.

-I have to set an example for the city.

-How will you do that??—I don't answer—Sr?— I turn off the phone.

I go back to Duke, leaving the phone next to you on the table.

-Outing, right?—he asks with the pencil in your mouth.

-Come with me, Duke. You and your family, we can help the people get out of Gotham City—I say by your side.

-No. We are from here. My grandmother is in the apartment next door. The L. V that we put on you... My mother took it from the Presbyterian in case hers failed. Heheh, she shaved with her leg epilator too. What is the six-letter word for "to hit or miss"?—he asks breaking your head with the crossword of the newspaper.

-Duke, listen to me... —he sighs by sticking his face to the table.

-I just need a riddle, Mr. Wayne, just one. You know, every week he appears on that big screen in the center, the one with the question mark blinking... —I look out the window—. Mr. Riddler appears and says that if someone has a riddle that he can't answer, he will return the city to the people. That's why I have this puzzle. You'll see, Mr. Wayne, I'm going to get him.