Chapter 23: A short breakout

3rd POV:

At a distant island across the seas to the north,a large castle resides.

Its inhabitants are full of demons of red and green,with their respective leaders.

And today,a slime paid his visit to the mediator of the world,as they are now chatting across the tea table.

"You know,I wasn't really expecting your visit that soon." Guy said,as he poured some tea in his cup.

"I have my questions,you see." Rimuru replied,seemingly quite relaxed as he laid back on his chair,closing his eyes.

"Such as? Must be something if it made you fly all the way through the seas before the sun rose."

"Pretty much history questions." The slime said. "I am very curious about what happened during my death."

"Straight to the point,I like your attitude."

The slime nodded,while drinking the tea that Guy told him to try earlier.

"Well made." He complimented. "You brewed this?"

"No,Misery did."

"Maybe I should let Rain tag along and see what happens next. I heard that they were friends before in the netherworld."

"Yes,they are." Guy took another sip of the tea,before asking.

"How much do you want to know about the things you've missed?"

"Important ones."

"Alright! Let's start with a banger!" Guy exclaimed, before continuing. "Ivarage did escaped for once after you throw him into the Chaos realm."

He then sits back and waits,expecting a dramatic response from Rimuru, though things didn't go as he planned.

"Oh,I knew it already." He said nonchalantly,which completely took Guy by surprise.

"What?!"

"Feldway told me."

"Oh,I forgot that you guys are friends." Guy said,as he finally realized where his expectations went wrong.

"Any more information?"

"Actually,I have." Guy said. "I assume that you know when Ivarage broke out last time,we had a really tough fight with it?"

"Mhm. Not in detail,but I knew that he did give you all tons of trouble."

"There's actually a secret discovered after we sealed it back to the Chaos realm."

"What is that secret?" Rimuru asked,being very intrigued by the mystery.

"During the sealing process,a portion of Ivarage was separated from him,intentionally or unintentionally and escaped somewhere that till today,we have no idea at."

Right after hearing that,Rimuru immediately grew more serious and tried to confirm the information that he was just told to.

"You are not kidding,right?"

"No,I'm not."

As Guy reassures that he's telling the truth,Rimuru keeps his serious expression on,before finally sighing and puts his hands on his laps.

"You know that the escaped part could've had its own consciousness,and is working on bringing Ivarage to our world again,right? That's a very big problem." Rimuru stated.

"I know,and it hides so well that till today we still have no clue on its whereabouts!"

"I mean,listen." Rimuru added. "It will be either wishing to reunite with Ivarage by returning back to the Chaos realm,or opening a portal to give way to Ivarage to our world to return to him. And guess what? Either choice would bring his destruction to our world."

"And me,Ramiris,Velgrynd,Velzard,Rudra and Feldway with his angel friends fought it,and we finally got him away from this world for good." Guy replied,remembering the tough fight that impacted him a lot in some way.

"And now,he has a higher chance of returning?"

"Yeah,and if that happens,Rudra would've died for nothing." Guy grumbled with irritation,which caught the attention of Rimuru.