1장

Minho was filled with excitement as he prepared for the day ahead. He and his friends were finally going to attend a public school, after much begging and lengthy conversations with Minho's father to ensure their safety. They were given strict rules not to break, such as refraining from disclosing Minho's royal status and the fact that his friends were part of his court.

The boys were determined not to break the rules but were still extremely excited. Upon opening the door to Minho's room, Felix exclaimed, "MINHO HYUNG!" which startled the older boy. "Lix Lord, I have eardrums, you know," Minho groaned, shaking his head as he stared at his friends. He heard Hyunjin dramatically gasp. Hyunjin excitedly suggested that Minho match with him and Felix, as they both are wearing skirts and twirling around. Felix is wearing a light blue outfit while Hyunjin is wearing a white one.

Changbin shook his head and settled onto Minho's bed, pulling out his phone in anticipation of a lengthy stay. "Okay." Minho sighed and rolled his eyes, watching the younger two rush to his wardrobe to find the perfect outfit for him, as they claimed. Meanwhile, he took a seat next to Changbin and observed his muscular and fitted attire. "Hey Binnie, you look good," complimented Minho with a gentle smile. Changbin replied with a grateful "thank you."

Changbin and Minho were waiting for their younger friends when they suddenly handed Minho a black and red outfit, insisting that he change into it. Minho complied and went into the bathroom to change. When he emerged, Felix and Hyunjin were stunned and let out a dramatic gasp and a high-pitched squeal. Despite finding their behavior amusing, Minho thought to himself, "These two are going to give me a headache."

"Yeah, let's go. I don't think we want to be late on our first day," Changbin said as he stood up and walked out of Minho's room. The other three followed behind. They greeted the Kings quickly before heading to Changbin's car, which he drove to their new high school.

Upon their arrival, the group exited the vehicle and proceeded directly to the principal's office. "Ah, I assume you are the new students. This is Kenji, and he will be your guide," Mr. White, the principal, announced as he escorted them out of his office. Kenji, however, rolled his eyes and addressed the newcomers. "Hey, let's get going. I don't want to be here any longer than necessary." As he began walking, the other four trailed behind him like lost puppies. Kenji exuded authority in his stride, holding his head high while his hips swayed, guiding them through the school and pointing out various locations.

"That's all," Kenji said in a soft tone as they stopped walking. He turned to face the group of four when a random guy approached them and wrapped his arms around Kenji's waist, causing him to giggle. "I have to go now as my alpha needs me. Have fun, and if you need assistance, I'm always around. But, be sure to avoid Chan and his buddies as they're all unpleasant individuals. It's best not to cross paths with them, especially on your first day," Kenji cautioned before bidding them farewell and walking away with the other guy. Hyunjin hesitated and let out a slight laugh as the bell rang. "Well, he was...nice?" The four of them said their goodbyes and split into pairs, heading to their respective classes.

As Minho and Hyunjin were being introduced to the class, two tall and muscular men entered the room. Given their scents and body language, Hyunjin and Minho quickly realized that they were Alphas who seemed to be covered in blood. "What happened, Chan and Jisung oppa?" a group of girls, shorter than Minho but likely taller than Changbin, asked as they rushed towards the men. "Nothing, move," Chan responded, the same Chan that Kenji had warned them about. Jisung groaned as he cracked his neck. The two men made their way to their seats while the girls sat down after them.

"As I was mentioning earlier, these two students are Hyunjin and Minho. Please be kind to them. Boys, please take your seats behind Jisung and Chan, who happen to be late and covered in blood," sighed Mrs. Avon, the teacher, before commencing the history lesson. Sitting behind Jisung and Chan, the duo began taking out their writing materials and jotting down notes. They conversed in hushed tones and exchanged light-hearted jokes, careful not to disturb their classmates or draw the teacher's attention.

Minho and Hyunjin left the classroom after class and met up with Felix and Changbin. Hyunjin informed his friends that they had spotted Chan and Jisung, who were possibly friends. Felix was shocked when he asked if they had blood on them, and Hyunjin and Minho confirmed it. Changbin added that Seungmin and Jeongin were likely the other two in their friend group. Suddenly, Chan and his friends approached the group, and Chan asked if they were new with a serious expression.

"We're new," Minho replied, locking eyes with Chan. Suddenly, his inner wolf, Rhino, screamed "mate!" Minho blinked in confusion, and even Chan looked surprised. "Min?" Hyunjin questioned, drawing Minho's attention away from Chan. "We're mates," Chan interrupted, causing Minho to snap his head back to him and glare. Minho disliked being interrupted. Hyunjin and Jisung asked "what?" simultaneously, their eyes locking as their inner wolves howled in recognition of their mate. "Oh, wow," they both exclaimed in surprise. Felix practically jumped on his friends, feeling both excited about them finding their mates and a bit shocked by the circumstances. Felix and Seungmin had already identified each other as mates during their previous class when they locked eyes. Felix mentioned it to his friends, while Changbin couldn't keep his eyes off Jeongin. Their inner wolves were pleased to have finally found their mates.

Jisung greeted Hyunjin with a warm smile and embraced him, to which Hyunjin happily reciprocated, surprising him with his hug. As they walked towards their partners, Minho and Chan stood facing each other without exchanging any pleasantries. "What's up? No hug for your alpha?" Chan taunted, teasing Minho who dismissed him with a scoff and retorted, "Not in this life or the next." Chan rolled his eyes at Minho's comment, thinking it was quite bratty. However, Minho found it amusing as he laughed, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning on one leg. "I simply don't like you," Minho stated plainly. As Chan was about to reply, the bell rang for their next class. Minho quickly said goodbye to Changbin and Felix, and pulled Hyunjin away from Jisung towards their next class.

"Hey, what's going on?" Hyunjin inquired, observing Minho's displeased expression. "I mean, I'm glad for you all, but I can't help but feel uneasy about Chan. There's just something about him that doesn't sit right with me." With a smile, Hyunjin nodded and embraced his friend as Chan and Jisung occupied the seats behind them. A small scoff followed, causing Minho to face forward and roll his eyes in irritation. "I don't like you either, sweetheart," the comment was made. With hope for the day to fly by, Minho remained silent.

Following a long and arduous day, the four omegas reconvened and proceeded to Changbin's vehicle. They were en route to the residence they would be lodging at, as a measure to avoid arousing suspicion about their identities. During the car ride, three of the omegas were incessantly discussing their alphas, remarking on the peculiarities of having met them on the first day and their incessant desire to be in their company. They also spoke about the sensations they experienced when in physical contact with them. Minho, on the other hand, remained silent, content to listen to his friends. However, it was impossible to ignore the palpable animosity between Chan and Minho.