chapter 3

Heejin met with Matthew who was standing at the front of the school

Heejin met with Matthew who was standing at the front of the school. He had one of his hands in his pocket and the other hand typing on his phone. The girl slapped his shoulder to get his attention.

"Let's go. There was a lot of tea I heard when I was cleaning in the classroom with Jiwoong." She said. He turned off his phone and put his phone in his pocket before beginning to walk with her. He wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder.

"Okay, so Jiwoong told me that he and Hayoung are not on good terms right now when I thought they were." She began.

"Really?! I thought they were a good couple with little to no problems." Matthew was amazed. Heejin kept explaining what Jiwoong said until a couple of older people approached them.

"You guys make a good couple!" A person said. "Thank you but we're not−" "Yes thank you very much, we are an amazing couple," Matthew emphasized. Heejin looked at him weirdly as the group of people walked off.

"What the hell was−"

"Wait hold on be quiet." Matthew covered her mouth. The two hid behind a wall and that's when Heejin heard two people arguing with each other. She didn't really know why they had to eavesdrop on their conversation but she didn't mind.

"Why are you suddenly asking to go on a date? I thought you were going to hang out with your friends?"

"Look, I just wanted to make up to you−"

"Make up? You could've done that a long time ago and I would've forgiven you." The girl scoffed.

"Kim Jiwoong, I think we should break things off." The boy just so happened to be Jiwoong. "There's not enough communication between us, and we don't have time for each other now because we're busy with other things instead of each other."

"Wait, Hayoung−!" He yelled. And the girl was Hayoung. She walked away without saying another word to Jiwoong.

And so the first choice doesn't work out well.

Matthew covered his mouth in shock, still covering Heejin's mouth. He peeked to see if Jiwoong was still there. Thankfully, he was gone. He dragged the girl to the convenience store, removing his hand from her mouth.

Once they arrived at the convenience store, they immediately entered inside to buy their food. They both bought one cup of cup noodles. Heejin bought a bagel as a snack. Matthew bought a carton of chocolate milk. After buying everything, the two sat together at an empty table.

Heejin sighed to herself as she began to eat her noodles. "I thought I gave Jiwoong good advice." She took a big bite of her noodles.

"You did. It was probably just for the wrong person. Other people might've agreed to the date, but not Hayoung." Matthew also began to eat his noodles. He slurped his ramen slowly to mess around with Heejin. "Who slurps their noodles that slowly?" She asked, taking another bite of her noodles.

Matthew only laughed it off and continued to eat. Heejin heard some footsteps behind her as she was chewing on her food. She turned around and saw Jiwoong walking into the convenience store looking gloomy.

She turned back to Matthew, her eyes widening in panic. He lifted his head looking at the girl who had a shocked expression. "What?" He asked with his food still in his mouth. "Jiwoong just entered the store." She mumbled.

"Yeah, so? ...Wait." He peeked through the window to see if he was really there. Indeed, Jiwoong was inside the store. He was currently paying for his food at the cash register.

"Just pretend to eat like usual. Act like a local." Matthew told her. They both ate their food slowly as Jiwoong walked out of the store. He walked past their direction not seeing the two, fortunately. He sat at an empty table right next to Matthew and Heejin's table. He opened the snack he bought which was a bagel.

It was the same bagel as Heejin's.

She watched Jiwoong slowly eat the bagel from her peripheral eye. He felt blue, very blue. "Should we talk to him?" Heejin whispered. Matthew shook his head. "I think he will tell us tomorrow."

━━━━⊱ ⋆ ⟡ ⋆ ⊰━━━━

Hayoung and Heejin were both alone in an empty classroom the next day. The room was empty and the rising sun beamed through the window. School didn't start until 30 minutes later.

"Jiwoong and I... We broke up." Hayoung mumbled. There were tears forming in the girl's eyes. Heejin was thjnking about how to respond to say to that. "Should I say I know? Am I supposed to comfort her? Even my advice made her break up with him what am I saying?"

"Why did you guys break up?" She asked. "No communication, and we didn't have time for each other."

"Why are you telling me this?" Heejin asked. "I know you like him." Hayoung smiled in sorrow. Her eyes widened. "I'm not mad, it's okay. I'm sure you have your reasons to not tell me." She wiped her tears. "I don't think we'll be getting back together anytime soon since I'm already falling out of love. I think this might be your chance."

Heejin shook her head. "Don't say that. You two just broke up there's no way." The latter gave the girl a soft smile. She gave her a pat on the shoulder before leaving the room to go to her own classroom.

"See you in class, Heejin." Hayoung left the girl frozen. Heejin sighed to herself, running her fingers through her hair.

"Is she crazy? Why would she say that I have a chance?" She internally screamed to herself. She eventually walked out of the classroom and went to go to her own classroom. Heejin walked slowly across the hallway, thinking about Hayoung's confession.

Once she arrived at the classroom, she looked around and noticed there wasn't a lot of people in the classroom, but including Hayoung obviously. She saw another friend of her's named Taerae on his phone so she decided to flick the back of his head.

"No phones!" She teased, moving her index finger side to side. "You little—" He playfully lifted his fist at the girl. Heejin laughed as she sat down at her desk and took out her phone.

"You're on your phone as well! Hypocrite."  Taerae blew his bangs upwards, glaring at the girl. She laughed to herself.

The second choice then receives an opportunity to replace the first choice.

━━━━⊱ ⋆ ⟡ ⋆ ⊰━━━━

and so the drama begins (not really)