일곱

chapter 7

− CAMP DAY

CAMP DAY

Heejin struggled to lift her suitcase into the trunk of the bus. She let out a small grunt as she used all of her strength to throw the baggage inside. Once she successfully stacked her luggage on top of another piece of luggage below, the girl huffed.

Then, she felt someone embrace her in a hug. Heejin turned to see that it was Gunwook that was hugging her. She hugged him back, confused why he was hugging the girl.

"Be safe Heejin. Here's a mosquito repellent to prevent mosquito bites. I heard there were a lot at the campsite you're going to." He handed a bottle of mosquito repellent spray. Heejin took the bottle and grinned. "Thanks, Gunwook. I'll miss you a lot." She hugged him one more time.

Heejin planted a small kiss on his right cheek. She waved goodbye to him, the other returning the gesture.

She stepped on the bus. She gave the bus driver a simple greeting before looking where to sit.

Across the bus, she saw Hanbin waving his arms. Next to him was Zhanghao. He was resting on the other's shoulder, staring out at the window. Heejin approached him while looking for any empty seats near any of her friends.

"Are there any seats near us?" She leaned forward to ask the boy. Hanbin pointed at an empty seat next to Jiwoong. She immediately thanked him. "He's a little moody today. I'm not sure why." He remarked. She nodded and went to go sit next to Jiwoong.

The mosquito repellent she was holding was put inside her bag. Jiwoong's head was leaning against the window. His eyes were closed, but the girl knew he was wide awake. 

"Are you trying to act mysterious?" She joked.

Then, the boy whined. "I was trying to have an ominous aura!" His eyes opened as he was now staring at her. She let out a small giggle before sliding her backpack to the side. Her backpack was now next to Jiwoong's small bag.

Heejin sighed as she leaned back against the seat. "I'm quite excited about this week!" She grinned to herself. The other nodded happily. "Taerae sent me a picture of the campsite and it was actually quite large." She continued.

Soon, her homeroom teacher entered the bus. She held onto the bus pole before speaking. "Everybody! From now on until Friday because Friday is when we will go home, will be your camping trip. You'll be doing a lot of fun activities as you're at the campsite and will be guided by a few camping mentors." She announced. "And also, you don't need to worry if you brought tents or blankets or whatever. All of that is provided for you all."

Loud cheers erupted from all of the students. Ms. Park smiled in satisfaction. "Through this entire bus ride, you'll be able to do whatever you want. Just remember to stay in your seats and don't goof around." She glared at Ricky and Gyuvin. "Be respectful to your peers as you're on the bus with some people from different classes. There won't be a lot of signal as we drive to the campsite so I don't suggest using your phones."

"Any questions?" The woman asked. A hand raised.

"Yes, Chaewon?"

"Do you know what activities we'll be doing at the campsite?"

"I'm not quite sure honestly. I think the mentors wanted it to be a surprise for you guys and the staff as well." The students groaned in disappointment.

Heejin turned to see Jiwoong's reaction, but she only saw him looking in a certain direction. To be more precise, he was looking at a person.

"Any more questions?" Ms. Park asked. Everybody shook their heads. "Let's get this show on the road then!" She smiled. The bus driver began to drive as everybody was now yelling and cheering in excitement.

Heejin turned to Jiwoong again, and his eyes were still drawn in the same direction he was looking at. The girl tried to line up in the direction he was looking until she noticed he was looking at Hayoung. 

Hayoung was laughing brightly with her friends. It was almost as if she had forgotten everything that happened during the past few weeks.

"Of course, he would be the one looking at her. They broke up not too long ago." Heejin thought. Then, she thought again. If Hayoung was falling out of love with Jiwoong, and if hypothetically Jiwoong still loved her, then it would all be useless.

"You should probably move on." She mumbled.

Jiwoong was surprised. "Huh?"

"You should move on from Hayoung. It's likely you two might not get together anytime soon after your argument." Heejin turned back to look at Hayoung from a far distance.

"Do you think so?" He asked. She nodded.

"Then I will." He crossed his arms. "It'll be pointless if I were to still fall in love with her, and she didn't." He sighed. He turned to look at her. His black orbs fell into her eyes.

Something about Jiwoong's words made her stomach flip. Her heartbeat fastened its pace, and her face felt warm. She hadn't felt this feeling in a while, and she was very glad that she was able to feel it again.

━━━━⊱ ⋆ ⟡ ⋆ ⊰━━━━

this chapter also got deleted for some reason (wattpad was being bitchy) and i rushed to rewrite it so i apologize if there are any mistakes in this chapter :c