다섯

chapter 5

− A WEEK LATER

A WEEK LATER

Heejin woke up to hearing continuous ringings from her doorbell. She covered her ears using her pillow, but that didn't help. She groaned and stood up from her bed. The girl only wanted some sleep because it was the weekend.

She put her slippers on and dragged her feet downstairs to the front door. Heejin opened the door as she was half asleep.

"Is there anything you need? My parents are at work and I cannot talk to strangers so you are special." She tried to be polite once she greeted her uninvited guest. She looked up and saw Hayoung at her doorstep. Heejin tilted her head in confusion before Hayoung dragged the girl inside the house.

"What are you doing here disrupting my beauty sleep?" Heejin asked.

"I'm here to give your relationship advice." She smiled at the now-awake girl. "First choice giving the second choice advice? That's new." She thought.

Heejin quickly switched her pajamas into casual clothes. She wore a white hoodie and a pair of dark denim baggy jeans. Adding onto that, she styled her hair into a ponytail. She went downstairs to the living room where Hayoung was afterward.

"Relationship advice?" She asked as she sat next to her. Hayoung nodded. "You might need it soon since you, I and most of your friend group will graduate high school soon. We're going to be adults soon." Heejin looked at her suspiciously almost as if she was lying, but she decided to play along since she needed the advice anyway.

Since she loves Jiwoong so much.

"When you're in a relationship with someone, compare them with something that you like. Definitely not someone, that would be wrong in many ways possible. Like, when you think of Jiwoong, think of the moon. It's lovely, endearing, and pure." She explained.

"Or like a rose. It attracts many people's eyes and−"

"Hayoung."

"And many people seem to like it so much."

"Hayoung!"

The girl turned to Heejin in surprise. Her eyes expressed guilt while the latter's eyes showed confusion toward the guilty girl. "You're not here to give relationship advice, are you?" She asked. Hayoung pursed her lips for a short moment, staying silent before the spoke again.

"I don't really think I got to express how much I loved Jiwoong to anyone when I was in a relationship with him." She said. "Not even your friends?" Heejin asked.

"They didn't really like him." She laughed to herself. "Their reasonings for not liking him were quite silly, but they got used to it. They still didn't like him though. I don't think they ever will after they find out we broke up."

Heejin nodded, understanding what the girl was trying to say.

"Anywho, I should leave now. My friends are waiting for me outside your house right now. Also, remember that the camping trip is in three weeks." Hayoung reminded. "Yeah, I'll definitely remember the camping trip." She went to go see the girl out of the house in case people decided to suddenly barge in the house.

Heejin bid goodbye to Hayoung and waved to her friends who were standing on the sidewalk. In return, the friends waved back before Hayoung approached them. Heejin watched as the group walked off to who knows where. Choruses of laughter and voices from the group made her smile.

She looked at the sky, admiring the small clouds slowly shifting. The bright and sizzling sun beamed on the girl's face. She remembered that it was still morning. Heejin sat back down on her couch after going back inside the house. She thought of what to do as she tapped on her right thigh with her fingers.

"Oh right, it's almost mom's monthly period, and we don't have a lot of pads left."

Heejin quickly left her house to go to the supermarket, making sure to bring her wallet and lock the doors. As she walked to the market, there were crowds of people, and she had to shove herself through those people.

What made it worse was that she saw a couple eating each other's faces. She cringed at the disgusting sight but continued to walk. Many hollers of voices filled the sidewalks people walked across. Blares of car horns filled the suburban streets. And maybe some raged drivers' cries of anger as well.

Once she was at the supermarket, she began to grab her cart when her eye caught on two familiar people who entered the market as well.

"Matthew and Haerin?" She squinted her eyes. Matthew and Haerin had entered the supermarket with bright smiles on their faces. They looked at each other, smiling wide, holding a cart together to who knows where.

Heejin then entered inside, following the two. Once the doors opened, the girl felt a sudden chilly breeze shoot at her. Goosebumps began to grow on her skin, especially on her arms, even if the girl was wearing a hoodie.

She finally pushed her cart through the market, going to search for pads, and maybe for some other stuff as well.

━━━━⊱ ⋆ ⟡ ⋆ ⊰━━━━

Heejin was walking home from the supermarket. Not only the girl bought pads, but she also bought vegetables, meat, ramen packs, and snacks. "Happy Mother's Day, Mom." She grumbled

It wasn't actually Mother's Day.

She switched her hand to hold the bag since her previous hand was starting to grow numb. She would've taken her car since she already received her driver's license, but her parents were strict with her driving alone in the streets.

Heejin looked from a far distance and saw two people talking loudly and laughing together. It reminded her of her friends. The girl didn't happen to realize, but her lips were forming a small smile.

As she walked, she was slowly able to hear the voices clearly. "Matthew and Haerin? Again?" Heejin could hear the echoes of laughter coming from the two friends from afar.

She decided to take a quick picture of the two, keeping a distance from them. The girl would later post it on her social media feed, captioning the post: "In my stalker era, if you know who you are pls don't attack me <3"

━━━━⊱ ⋆ ⟡ ⋆ ⊰━━━━

somewhat a filler chapter RAHSJAS

also i heard abt juns new cdrama and apparently there was a bed scene?!!!?? I,MGOING TO SOB 😢😢 in all seriousness tho jun did very well w his new drama #socool #actor #preach