Chapter 9

Instead of going home the Reviver leads me to his car. A beat up Chevy is in the driveway of the split house. I stand outside it as he hops in.

"Well, get in," he says. I shake my head. I feel groggy from staying up late and confused about what just happened.

"I don't know who you are and I don't know where you'll take me. For all I know you are a cereal killer," I say and cross my arms.

"Sorry I did not say my name earlier. I am Ryan Sill. I was going to take you home." He says the last part wearily.

"No you're not taking me home," I say and turn in my heel and march to the path.

"Fine, I was going to take you to my house. It's safer there," he says.

"How? It's been safe at my house for forever!" I say. He sighs. "Besides, I can't leave my family. They will think I left them just like my mother and father."

"They will be safe. You will not. They won't think you left them. I put a letter saying you were sleeping over your friends house," he says. Wait, he broke into my house? He gets out and pulls me gentily to his car. I refuse.

"Get away from me!" I yell. Who the heck is this guy?

Then he vanishes. I freeze, feeling the spot he was just touching me. Then he reappears. His eyes narrow at me. He grips my arm harshly.

"Get in the car," he snarls. He shoves me in. What the heck is happening. I struggle to get out. He pushes me back, hard. My head slams against the console enough for me to get dizzy. As I sway, he gets in and starts driving. Where are we going? I try to stay upright. He slams the accelerator and I slam back in my seat. I lose my balance and hit my head again on the console. My heart leaps and then I am put into a darkness.