Chapter 12

"Well," he says. "I know your sister isn't one because she is nineteen. You on the other hand I don't know, along with your brothers."

 "How do you know my sister isn't one?" I ask while staring at his eyes, hoping that there was something I could alter to prevent my brothers and I from becoming Revivers/Killers.

 "She is over sixteen. Sixteen is when the tattoos appear and your true form reveals itself," he says carefully. He knew. I could see it in his eyes. He was waiting for me to say it.

 "I'll be sixteen in two weeks," I whisper. He closes his eyes. There, I said it.

 "That is why I whisked you away. So that way your family is safe," He says with his eyes still closed.

 "No. No no no no no NO!" I yell. This can't happen. I can't leave my old life. I can't leave my family in the dust like my parents. Especially when we are about to put the boys up for adoption. My head aches with the sadness and desperation. I clench my head and fall backwards.

 "It's okay," He says calmly and holds me. I shake my head and try to push him away. He refuses to let go.

 "NOOOOOO!" I  scream and wrestle him to the floor where I see my chance. I flee and run into a small hallway out the back door. Tears stream down my face. I run down the rickety porch, stopping only a second to look for where I was going next. I saw the woods and dashed in.

 I ran for as long as my legs and lung allowed me. I stopped and stood where I was, catching my breath.

 Silence held the air once again. I suspected footsteps behind me. None. I turned around to look at where I  from and saw lines of moss covered trees. Awhile back I saw a tiny cottage. He stood in the doorway.

 I finally realized, there was no way to go. I had no idea where I was. There was no way, though I was going back there. He would have to come and get me.