Chapter 13

My stomach grumbles as I play with the grass on the ground. The air was thick with mist. I was amazed at how the plants were alive in the beginning of spring. I got up an decided to wander.

 Sunshine rippled  through the treetops and lay on my back as I strolled through the evergreen forest. A relaxing state washed over me. Here, I felt that there was no world that was falling to pieces. No family needing care from a teen. No supernatural powers to be taken care of. Peace. Just peace.

 I found a log and decided to sit. The sunshine kissed my face, giving me warmth. I leaned back on my arms and kicked my legs, enjoying the moment.

 As I listen to the pure silence, a snap of a twig shatters it. Crunching leaves break it even further. Back to reality I think.

 "Okay, I'm ready to head back, Ryan," I say and wait for him to show himself. But no one appears. Playing hard isn't he? Another snap.

 "Must have been an animal," I say casually, playing along. Another crunch of the leaves. Then silence. A different silence, though. I could sense it. Longing. Right behind me.

 As I swing around, a woman with scarred hand reaches toward me. I scream and get up. She advances toward me quick.

 "Ahhhhhh ow aaaaaa..." she groans. I run faster, harder. She is right behind me. Is she a freaking zombie? Then the realization hits me.

 She is no zombie. She is a Killer.