Chapter Seventeen - The First Match

We have our first match this morning. It had been a few weeks but Oliver finally got the game schedule and we were playing ravenclaw for our first match. Angelina, Alicia, and I met the twins and Lee in the common room before breakfast so we could all walk together. The girls and I were each in our Quidditch sweaters as were the twins.

We sat down with Oliver and our seeker which I still hadn't bothered to learn the name of. Throughout the entire breakfast Oliver went on and on about eating up so we had energy. Honestly you would think he'd take the time to eat up himself but he just kept talking.

"We get it Oliver. We need to eat so we play our best now I suggest you listen to your own advice." I butted in while Oliver was taking a breath.

"Don't talk to the captain like that." The seeker guy said.

"His name is Oliver. Anybody I'm on first name basis with is going to get talked to like that if they annoy me." I explained becoming more annoyed.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Fred mumbled.

I just glared at him and went back to my food. After a few more minutes Oliver had us all abandon our plates to head down to the locker room.

Once we got there Oliver passed out our robes and we put them on. Then, we got out our gloves and bands. I strapped on my leg guards and arm bands on first then did my gloves. I got a bit of help from the twins to tie them on but then I was ready to play.

"Okay men-" Oliver began his speech.

"I'm a woman!" I shouted out lazily.

"And women, this is it. The big one, the one we've all been waiting for. We've got a solid team and we're going to beat it out of that ravenclaw team. Well, it's time. Good luck, all of you."

It was a lame speech but it did the trick.

We all mounted our brooms and flew out onto the pitch as everyone cheered for us. The Gryffindors were clad in red and gold spirit wear as they shouted out our names.

The Weasleys had a legacy on this Quidditch pitch and Fred and George were going to keep Charlie's legacy alive. We were soaking in the glory when the Ravenclaws arrived on the pitch taking their positions.

Fred and George were next to me beaters bats in hand. They each gave me a fist bump for good luck and Angelina and Alicia joined in the first bumping.

When we got back to reality we saw that the Ravenclaws were looking rather smug.

"Honestly, what was wood thinking puting five first years on his team this year." One of the ravenclaw chasers spoke to the beaters.

"Wonder if the Black girl's got enough nerve to survive a bludger to the head." One of the ravenclaw beaters said.

"Might as well end the line now. You know her father's a dead beat mass murderer." The other beater said.

"Like father like daughter." The first beater spoke.

Honestly I would have thought these Ravenclaws would be nicer and smarter than to talk like that.

"You okay, Chloe?" Fred asked as he nudged me on the shoulder.

"Are you hearing what I'm hearing?" I asked in return.

"Yeah." He replied.

"If they keep talking like that I might make their wish come true. You know what they said, like father like daughter." I said as I gripped my broom tighter as I spoke through gritted teeth.

"We'll save it for after because the game's starting soon." He said as he wrapped his arm around me planting a quick kiss on my temple for good luck.

I flushed briefly but I didn't have time to process it as Madame hootch blew her whistle and the game began.