Chapter Three - Summers End

We were in the homestretch. Only three days until September first and Fred, George and I were beginning to feel restless. The excitement was getting to us and we couldn't wait to board the Hogwarts express.

The last few days had been filled with quidditch many games of exploding snap and a gobbstones tournament that Mr. Weasley had won. Now Fred, George and I were so bored we were sprawled upsidedown on the living room couch.

"I'm so bored I'm this close to asking if I can weed your garden." I said holding up my fingers to show the them how bored I was.

"That reminds me," Fred started.

"Let's go chuck gnomes over the fence. Mum won't be upset since she's been nagging us to do it for ages." George finished.

The three of us crawled off the couch and went outside to the garden. Fred and George showed me how to chuck the gnomes over the fence and we began to make bets.

"Two sickles says I make it further than both of you." I said as I began swinging a gnome.

"Your on!" They both shouted from a distance.

I picked up speed and was about to launch it over the fence when someone interrupted our fun. Percy had mumbled something when the gnome I was about to fling went straight towards his face taking him out.

"I'd pay a fat stack of coins to see that again!" Fred shouted as he nearly jumped on my back with excitement.

"Two sickles each, please." George said holding out his hand.

I handed each of them the money then we went to peel the gnome off of percy's face. The gnome was griping onto his hair angrily as Percy tried to fend for himself. George kicked the gnome off of his face and Percy clambered to his feet fuming at the twins.

"I'm telling mother. She'll be fuming!" He tried to scare us but we all began laughing at percy's stupid looking angry face.

"You go do that Perce." Fred taunted as he picked off another gnome tossing it in the air. George almost instantaneously picked up a garden hoe and swung it like a bat flinging the gnome hundreds of yards into the air.

***

The next day Mrs. Weasley made sure to give us all plenty to do after the Percy fiasco. Every time we saw him we couldn't help but laugh at the swollen spot on his forehead where the gnome hit him.

He would usually scoff, make an angry face, then stomp away causing Mrs Weasley to reprimand us. Fred and George taught me how to stop caring so I had less of a reaction now when I got reprimanded.

We were currently picking vegetables from the garden which we de-gnomed yesterday while we were in deep conversation about Hogwarts.

"So what house do you want to be in then?" George asked me after we talked about how his whole family had been Gryffindors.

"I hope I get Gryffindor but judging by my family history I probably won't." I answered timidly.

"We can still be friends even if your in a different house." George assured.

"Unless your a Slytherin." Fred added making me even more nervous though I tried to hide it. This was the one time i wished i would be like my father and become a Gryffindor. I had never desired to carry on the Slytherin legacy in my family.

"I can't be too sure but I'll try not to be." I said trying hard to sound light-hearted.

"I'm mostly excited about getting out of mum's clutches." Fred said.