Chapter Twenty-six - Hogsmeade

term had begun once again and i was pleased to have more than just the Weasley's as company since it was nice to spend time with my female friends again. Quidditch started up rather quickly and practice felt almost never ending as we all braved the bone chilling weather of January. not even a steaming spell could not thaw my nearly frostbitten fingers. 

we were all gathered in the locker room on the benches massaging our stiff limbs after practice had ended. we would have to trudge through a great deal of snow anyway so many of us didn't bother changing out of our uniforms as we returned to the castle. we would just shower in our dorms. 

i didn't want to have to bear the cold any longer so i ran up the path and across the bridge into the clocktower hurrying up the stairs. as i was running i felt something hot and wet dripping out of my nose and i was conveniently in the right place to receive care as the hospital wing was right at the top of the stairs.

by the time i burst through the doors i was leaving a trail of blood from my nose and the crimson liquid was covering the majority of my chin and neck. its times like these that make me glad our robes are scarlet.

"Madame Pomfrey!" i called out sputtering on the blood still streaming out of my nose. "its uncontrollable." i said nearly choking as i fell to my knees. i began feeling lightheaded and nearly fell backwards when someone gripped the top of my head tipping it back, pouring an elixir down my throat.

i began choaking on it and fell backwards. i scrambled to turn over and try and get it down my throat while also coughing in out of my lungs. once i had calmed down i opened my eyes i looked down and then around realizing i had made a bloody mess of the hospital wing floor.

"Merlin's beard, i am so sorry." i said getting to my feet and brushing off my robes.

"Don't fret dear now take your robes off; I'll get them cleaned up for you." she said dusting off her hands on her apron.

i did as i was told and unlaced my gloves and straps as well as my cloak. i handed them each to Madame Pomfrey. the last thing that was still covered in blood was my sweater. for some miraculous reason i had evaded getting any blood on my pants for once. i took that off too leaving me in nothing but my tan pants and i thin tank top. i immediately began shivering in the cold room and madame Pomfrey wrapped me in a warm blanket.

"lets have you laying down for a bit while we let the potion settle and find you a change of clothes." she said and i followed her to an empty bed. she helped me up and left the curtains askew as if to welcome a conversation.

"Who's going to fetch my clothes?" i asked in a confused tone as i sat up but felt a magical force push me back against the pillows.

"i Will. well, I'll find one of your roommates or something." a familiar voice spoke as he came into view.

"Thank you, Cedric." Madame Pomfrey said.

"Cedric?" i called.

"Yeah?" he replied backing up so that he was in front of my bed once again.

"What are you doing in here?" i questioned.

"oh, I'm just helping out a bit. i don't really have a proper reason but it's nice to see you." he said in a friendly tone.

"Did you see all that?" i asked yet another question.

"Yeah, uhh, i was the one who poured the elixir down your throat." he replied awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"merlin, I've made a fool of myself." i said mostly to myself but Cedric chuckled.

"right, erm, I'll be back as quick as i can." he said hurrying off.