Chapter Twenty-five - Holiday at Hogwarts

Holiday arrived faster than anyone had anticipated and it was the morning of the students' departure back home. If my care had been placed in anyone else's hands I would have been stuck at Hogwarts anyway but the Weasleys were visiting Charlie in Romania for holiday so we were here at Hogwarts in Gryffindor tower lounging around after a night well rested. Harry and Ron were allegedly in the great hall playing wizards chess since they were also staying over holiday. I had already said goodbye to Hermione and Lee so now I was just sitting here staring at a wall being bored.

The twins were somewhere but I knew for a fact that they were somewhere in Gryffindor tower. Sometimes the twins would go and explore the empty dorms while people were out and about so i assumed that is what they were doing but we also received a pass from Professor Flitwick to visit Hogsmeade for the day and i assumed that was because many of the teachers were having an after term drink in the three broomsticks. Harry and Ron were obviously not permitted to visit the village yet but I decided to go on the hunt for the twins in case they wanted to join me.

"Where are you guys?" I called up the boys dormitory stairs.

"We're gearing up for an epic snow battle." George called back. I could tell it was George because Fred had a slightly deeper voice although they both still sounded like they were on helium.

"Mind if I join?" I asked.

"Not at all!" Fred answered as they both came sliding down the handrail.

I hurried up to my dorm and changed into some warmer muggle clothes like the twins had and soon after the three of us were running down the halls trying to recruit anyone and everyone.

"Oy it's Mattheo, maybe he wants to play. He seems a bit down." I said to the twins then ran to Mattheo. He was a first year Slytherin and one of my cousins' new friends so we knew each other's names but that was about it. We never really spoke.

"Hey, Chloe." he said in a melancholy tone.

"Mattheo, are you feeling alright? You're looking paler than usual." I said in a concerned tone.

"I haven't gotten anything from home so I'm stuck here all alone," he replied.

"Well you're in luck. You just ran into the cheer-up squad and have been cordially invited to a snowball fight on the training grounds. This is Fred and George. If you're concerned about being seen with us, just know that literally the only person who cares is currently at home letting his father hear about it." I said.

"Alright then. I'll see you outside soon then." he replied trying to hide his smile.

"Great." I replied as the twins and I moved on down the hall on our way to the great hall.

"So I'm thinking I'll just scream 'snowball fight' into the hall and then we run." Fred spoke excitedly.

"Let's go then." I said and we began running even faster to arrive at the large doors sooner.

Once we arrived we took a breather then approached the doors with excitement. The anticipation got all three of us giddy and we were practically bouncing up and down. That caught the attention of some but Fred's shouting alarmed the entire room and even the paintings in the nearby portrait tower.

"SNOWBALL FIGHT ON THE TRAINING GROUNDS!" Fred hollered as loud as he possibly could then we all began running out through the castle across the suspension bridge and over the transfiguration courtyard jumping through the paneless windows to reach the large arched doorway that led outside to the snowy training grounds.

Not ten minutes later did we see students begin flooding through the door. There were a total of twenty students who were staying over holiday according to Filch's list and the only one who appeared to be absent was Percy Weasley. We must have needed supervision because professor Quirrell was also in attendance of our little activity which gave me a cruel idea to test any suspicions i may be having.