Chapter Thirteen - Filch

We'd been busy the last few days as term had begun but that didn't stop us from troublemaking. Tonight the twins and I had planned to sneak out to the forbidden forest for the first time this term. We promised hagrid we wouldn't go back in again but all three of us had our fingers and toes crossed because whenever someone told us not to do something we imedeately started planning to do that very thing.

The twins and I were currently in the common room right after supper waiting out the night until an appropriate time to sneak onto the grounds. We had to keep our plan on the downlow because Percy was in the common room finishing up an essay. I decided the easiest way to play him was to be doing homework at the same table he was. The twins however, were very aware of my motive and began dancing around the table being annoying.

We strategically and very easily got the presumptuous git to leave the common room for bed then the plan was set.

The three of us slipped out of the common room and slipped into a secret passage we found ages ago that was located very close to the Gryffindor tower. We were each armed with dungbombs Incase we needed a diversion but for now we crawled through the little passageway. This one led to the classroom next to the transfiguration classroom. We would need to get through the halls undetected until we could reach the old rickety bridge.

The twins and I took liberty to check behind every tapestry and painting on the way to see if we could find any secret passages. If there was one thing the three of us were excellent at it was our sense of direction. We probably located at least three new passageways but we stayed in the real hall since we hadn't explored those passageways yet.

Ms Norris didn't show her grimy self so we were clear all the way to Hagrid's hut. We were about to run into the forest when a door slammed open loudly. I continued to run towards the forest but I was grabbed by the collar and held back. It turns out the person holding me back was filch and the twins were in the grip of none other than Severus Snape.

"We received a tip that you would be sneaking out tonight to try and enter the forbidden forest." Snape said coldly.

"Who tipped you off?" I asked without a drop of fear in my voice.

"Never you mind that now. Filch will take you up to his office and you will receive a detention." He continued. Snape was practically choking the twins and they didn't dare speak.

"Punishment isn't going to stop us from continuing to run around the castle at night." I said.

"You will hold your tongue and comply." He threatened.

"Okay." I began with a shrug knowing exactly what I would do next. "Let's go filch." I said marching forward taking the lead back to the castle as I pinched my tongue between my index finger and thumb. I quite literally did exactly what I was told.

Fred and George both started laughing as Snape dragged them up the hill. Once we arrived in filch's office he made me sit down on a midevil chair contraption with weird clips and straps on it. He just left me there to continue holding my tongue while he delt with the twins.

I saw a golden opportunity to pull out a dung bomb and I rolled it all the way to filch's desk. It bumped into George's foot and he looked back at me long enough for me to signal pulling out a drawer. George knew exactly what I meant and whispered to Fred while filch was meandering about his office.

George set off the bomb I had rolled to him and the twins both dove out of the way in the direction of the cabinet.

I jumped onto the back of the large chair contraption and pulled out a slingshot from my pocket and began exploding dungbombs across the room to distract filch. I fell off the chair eventually because filch kicked it but the twins had nicked something and were helping me up as we ran out of the office.