8- Forgive but not forgotten

Valentina POV:

I decided to forgive him for now but told him I would never forget and it will have to take some time before it would be like when we were young. He agreed to that and told me he would give me as much time as I needed. He hurt me pretty bad back then, would not forget such an experiance in a day.

"uhm, before I leave, I need to ask you something..." Pedri said right before he would leave the garage ground. I was almost in my car but I decided to be polite and at least try to get to know Pedri again. A person can change a lot in 3 years. "What is it?" I may still sound a bit harsh but I have to get used to him again. "Would you- uh- W-would you like to come play for Barcelona? I know, before you give me a whole explanation about how you don't like Barcelona, but we all know how bad Real Madrid players get treated. And I also know, that you don't deserve that. In Barcelona, you would have so much freedom and a better lifestyle, you will be healthy again."

I was considering either quitting football or just the team, but since my heart still chooses football over any other sport, it wouldn't hurt to try right? "I-" I started

"You can do a trial? Like you can try to play for like three months and then you decide." Gavi proposed. "I'm still mad at you" Gavi and Balde introduced themselves after the incident. "oh come onnnnn" he complained. "But I'll give it a try. Anything is better then quitting football."

"YES- oh uh I mean cool Uhm first training is actually this afternoon. I have everything ready for you, you can just come in normal training clothes if you like but we would prefer it if you would wear our merch, since we are going life of the instagram page of Barcelona Femini." Pedri said.

"right, I'll be there, text me the details"

"You still have the same number?" he asked me. "Well I didn't change it, so yes." I told him simple. He looked at Lewy with a smile and with that I left him there, got in my car and drove to the Real Madrid training field. When I arrived, the girls were already training and I went to our coach. The first thing he said was "I told you I didn't want to see you here." so I simply anwered with "I'm quitting"

"What?" the girls on the field asked and stopped training to come running to me. "You're quitting?"

"No, I forbid you to quit" my ex-coach said. "Unfortunately for you, you don't have that choice." I told him. He looked mad, furious, but hey it's not my fault. Pedri was right, I did get treated badly and I do not deserve that. "Please Val, you can't leave us" one of my best friends said. "What will you be doing?" some other girl asked, I didn't know her that well as she was new since I got kicked off. "Im going to play for another team." I told them honestly. "I'm sorry" I apologized. I walked off after hugging my best friend and went to the office of our head coach. The guy who trained us is his substitute because he fell and broke his leg so now all he does is paper work and he makes our line-ups.

I knocked on the door as I reached the office. "Come in" I heard and I did. "Oh hello Valentina, What brings you here today? Aren't you supposed to be training right now?" He didn't know? Well he couldn't have seen it on the media since he says he doesn't understand any of it and let some bitch take controle of our accounts. Yes also our personal accounts. "I'm quitting. I want to sign the papers"

"What, why?" He asks. In his eyes, I was always the best player. I made the most goals, I did the best in trainings, I was the best in shape when it was medical controle, I was perfect. But since our substitute, I grew to strongly dislike this team.

When I was younger I would do anything to be a part of that team, but not anymore. My time has come. "Our substitute is not good for my mental and physical health. He makes us lose weight to the point of passing out, he makes us work harder then we have ever done and is pushing us to the limit, and I unfortunately have reached past the limit and I just don't want to be a part of this team anymore, because it no longer feels like my second home. I'm sorry." I decided to tell him the truth about Luka, the substitute. "Oh val, I'm so sorry to hear that. Please tell me you are not fully quitting"

"No don't worry. I have found a new club. Well actually and old friend fixed a place for me."

"Can I ask where?"

"Uh- Fc Barcelona. I know, I know, you can hate me all you want, but this club just does not have my heart anymore."

"I understand. You don't have to explain yourself. And don't be sorry for leaving for our biggest enemy. I wish you a very good time at your new club and I hope you win as much as you won for us."

"Thank you, really."

"No problem dear. I'll print the documents."

He stood up and left to get the papers. Soon he came back and I signed the documents, now it was official, I'm no longer an Real Madrid player. "Feel free to contact me if you need anything. And I mean ANYTHING, I doesn't matter where you will be playing. You will always be my favorite player." He told me and I stood up to leave. Not before hugging him tho.

"Thank you for helping me find myself and what I love. I'll never forget that."

"And I'll never forget you."

With that I walked out of the door, letting my tears fall. Even tho I quit here, that doesn't mean that I am not hurt by that. This was my second place I ever felt home. And I hate myself for letting someone ruin my inner childs dream of playing here.