14- First game

Recap:
Suddenly his lips were on mine. I didnt know what to do. Do I kiss him back? Do I pull him away? Before I could respond he pulled back.

"I- Im so sorry"

"It okay" i'm in shock to be honest. I didnt see that one coming. "I shouldn't have done-"

My turn to cut him off.

To be continued...
____________________________
Valentina's POV:

It's been a few days, Pedri & I have not been talking much since the kiss, he kind of just left.

I have to tell you that I have been crying but today is another day and a GOOD day! Because today will be my first game in Barcelona! I'm so nervous! What if I mess up? What if I'm not good enough.

All those thought were running rent free in my head. I dont want them to think they made a mistake by putting me on the team! No! We can't think like that. Calm down, its gonna be fine.

I grabbed my bag after seeing how late it got! I ran to my car and drove to Camp Nou.

Once I arrived, fans were already waiting outside, cheering when the players drove to the private parking lot. They were going crazy to the point of knocking on my window, almost breaking the glass. I rolled my window down and took some pictures with them, even signing some Barca Kid's they bought.

Finally, my way cleared and I could drive into the parking lot. I parked my car and ran out. I entered the building and headed to the locker rooms. I saw that Ona and Gemma were already there which made me the 3rd player to arrive. I immediately greeted them and went to my locker.

Soon the whole team arrived and the game could began. Once our coach knocked on the door and we let him in, he told us the strategy and the line up before we did our signature greet and went to the hall. In the hall were already little kids, waiting for us. I was paired up with a little boy.

He told me his name was Manuel and that he was 7 years old. He also told me that Gavi and I were his favourite players and that his dream was to be as good as Gavi and me. I truly felt in heaven. I mean, during my time in Real Madrid, there were also kids who told me they looked up to me and that there dream was to be as good as the original players.

But this felt different. It was my first game in Barcelona. What if I mess up. People would hate me and I would ruin people's dreams and stuff and I dont want that.

So today, I promised to Manuel that I would dedicate my first goal to him, if I scored. Real Madrid is a great team, i would know, cause I once was one of them.

Music started playing and a voice could be heard. He was announcing the teams and invited them to the field. We all ran on the grass, getting greeted by big applause, screams and what more. We stoot in line and both our National songs could be heard. Once all that was over, the game could really began.

I went to my place. And I was going to do the kick off. So when the referee blew the whistle, I kicked the ball to Salma and ran further into the field.

The ball was going back and forth between players and then they passed it to me and I ran towards the goal and scored. GOAL!

Minutes later, it was almost break, and I was together with Salma trying to make one last goal before the break. But someone tripped me and I fell really hard on the ground. The referee blew the whistle to announce it was break time.

My ankle was hurting so much! It felt as if it was broken. Paramedics ran to me and asked what happened and what I felt. The whole FC Barcelona team (men and women) stood around me. Gavi and Pedri squatted down next to me.

"Are you okay?" Pedri asked. "No, its my ankle. I dont think i can walk. It hurt so much" I said on the verge of tears. "Come on, lets get you to the med room" a paramedic said.

Pedri carried me to the med room and placed me on the table. "Alright, lets take a look" a doctor said.

By now, the girls went back to the locker room to drink, eat, recover and discuss a new line up with the coach since I dont think I will be playing anymore.

"That was not a mistake, that was on purpose" Gavi said. "They wouldnt hurt me on purpose, I played with them for years. I-I am their friend- ow"

"Sorry"

"I have been friends with them for as long as I can remember. They wouldnt do that to me"

"I mean, you went to their enemy. And you were friends, past tense. You are not friends anymore, and they know that. You were their key to succes but now you have left and they are nothing anymore. Soon they will be the last ones on the La Liga list." Pedri stated.

"I still cant believe they would do that. Yes, I went to the enemy. But friendship is more that anything. I refuse to believe they would do such things." I said firmly. Im right! Right?

"If it was on purpose of not, that doesnt matter. What does matter is that you cant play. Not today, not tomorrow not next week because the bone in your ankle is broken and the muscles is your foot are teared. There is no way you can play within the next 6-9 weeks." The doctor said.

I forgot what I was actually here for. "No, you cant mean that!" I stoot up which was a very bad idea. I immediately regretted doing that. But I stayed strong and tried not to show anything but anger and sadness. And of course, i failed, Pedri could see right through me.

"I can play, I'm fine. Please, its my first game, you cant bench me for 6 weeks! I promised a little boy I met right before the game that I would win since he was my biggest fan. Please do not do this to me" I might be dramatic but I dont care. I ended my sentence and started crying. Mental, physical, emotional pain, it all got the best of me.

I have sat on a bench during my time in Real Madrid more than I could play because of stupid mistakes, but in reality I was just helping people. Until he lets me play, I will be the most unpleasant, most stubborn patient this man has ever had!

And that's a promise!

To be continued