10- the decision

Valentina PoV:

The past week was great and I actually really enjoy it here, I understand why Pedri chooses this club! It's much healthier that Real Madrid!

I have been thinking the last few days about staying or finding another club but the diet isn't that hard and there are actually some really good things in it, and I'm already starting to have a really good bond with the girls. Today I have to tell my decision, but I know it already... I'm staying!

I entered the building since I had a appointment with Jonathan to hopefully sign my contract. I was walking down the hallway, but when I passed the locker rooms I heard voices, which is weird because the girls have training this evening and the boys in like an hour. No one is supposed to be here but the ladies at the front desks and the trainers.

Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to listen and try to recognise the voices. Those were definitely boys.

"Why did you lie to us?" Oh and a girl...

"Lie?" Pedri.

"Yes, you told us you were really good friends with Valentina, while in reality you are basically enemies." Gemma. What are they going here?

"Ugh, listen. I didn't lie, I just didn't tell the truth."

"That's lying, Pedri" Gavi, what is going on?

"Gavi, shut it. You were supposed to pick my side."

"I'm not picking sides-"

"Free chocolate milk for a year?"

"I'm with Pedri!"

I rolled my eyes and took a mental note to bribe Gavi with chocolate milk... I look at the time and saw I was almost late. I have like 5 minutes to get to the office, but I wanna hear the rest of the conversation. I'll find out later, I hope... I ran towards the office which took me like a full 2 minutes. I took a extra minute to controle my breathing, I don't want to walk in there out of breath. When I was ready I knocked on the door.

"Come in"

Alrighty, here goes nothing. Why am I nervous?

"Ah Valentina, it's good to see you're on time" he said with a smile. "Take a seat please."

"Thank you"

"So, I'm sure you know why you're here. I would like to hear it from you"

"I do know why I'm here and I would really like to stay in Barcelona. During this week, the team has helped me a lot, explained how everything worked around here and I have become good friends with a couple of them. As for the diet, it's really not that hard. I have received some really good recipes from the whole team! Everyone is really nice and I would like it if I can stay in the club."

"I'm so happy to hear that! With a player like you will it be impossible to lose! I'm going to make your contract. While I do that you can go to the others, they're in locker room 3, down this hall on your left. Pedri, Gavi, Gemma and Alexia are in there, don't ask me why. I'll call you to come sign it okay?"

"Sounds good! Thank you so much!"

"No thank you for choosing our team!"

I smiled and left the office, going back to the locker room.

Before entering I listened. "That still didn't give you the right to shut her out of your life." (Alexia)

"Yeah, look at you now, crawling back to her because you were so stupid." (Gemma)

"I know, okay. I know I'm stupid, you have made that clear the past half hour now, I get it. I'm dumb, I'm worthless and I don't even know why people still like me."

Wow, I didn't know Pedri felt like that. Why do I feel bad? He is the one who ended the friendship. But maybe I should give him a chance, to let him proof himself.

I slowly opened the door and saw this was actually the boys locker room. Pedri was sitting on his bench in front of his locker. His hands were covering his face, his shoulders were lightly shaking, a sign that he was crying. "I don't know what I'm doing here anymore. I miss my best friend and I fucked it up so badly. If I could just turn back in time, I would not let that happen again. I want her back" I heard him say with an unsteady voice.

"U-um Pedri..." Gavi said. "What" he answered. "It's true tho" Pedri continued.

"It's not. Don't say that over yourself" I said. He looked up, shocked to see me here. "You can't say those things over yourself. You are worth it. That's why I'm here. I- you told me you changed, I'm giving you a chance to proof it. We both said thing to each other that were not supposed to be said, we both did awful things, so why not try to be like we always were? Everyone deserves a second chance, no?

He stood up, not saying anything thing. His eyes were red, and so was his nose. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me, I hugged him back and as soon as he felt I was hugging him he fell on the ground, pulling me with him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I won't ever do that again." He said quietly.

"Can you leave us alone for a minute pls" I asked the others, they just nodded and told me they will be waiting outside before leaving the locker room. I broke the hug and stoot up, helping Pedri to stand up too. The first thing I did was slapping Pedri on his cheek, bet he didn't see that coming.

"I deserved that" was all he said. "Yes, you did. That was for lying to everyone here."

"Come here" I said and opened my arms, ready to hug again. "I'm sorry too."

"It's okay" he said. "But promise me one thing" I asked him. "Anything and everything you want" he answered, pulling back to look at me.

"I don't want you hear you talking bad about yourself ever again. That's not healthy for your mental state and you don't deserve those words. If you ever feel like your not worth it, call me, come to my house, I don't care. But I don't want to hear that anymore. Understood?"

He looked down "understood" he said with a small, single nod.

To be continued...

An:
Dear reader, I'm sorry for not updating but I just didn't have the energy for it. Views are going down too, so I think this story is just not it anymore. Let me know if I should continue it or not.

Thank you for ready if your still here!

Take care!