chapter sixteen

outfit^^

(A/N: can we just appreciate how far her style has grown after meeting Nick & her friends)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Storming into the hospital, Nick checks every room until he finds Maggie's.

As they find it, they quickly rush in.

"Maggie!" Nick yells running inside.

"Nick." Maggie says calmly with a smile.

"How are you, honey?" He asks as Hunter stays to the side.

"Much better." Maggie replies.

"You gave us a real scare." He says.

"Us?" She asks in confusion making him point to Hunter.

"I just wanted to scare the nurse. I hid behind the curtains and turned off the cell phone alarm." She says as Hunter walks over.

"That alarm is horrible, right?" Nick jokes.

"Don't ever do that again, okay?" He says going back to his seriousness.

"Okay, where is mommy?" She asks looking around.

"She'll be here soon, don't worry." Nick says trying to stay calm.

"Hunter!" Maggie says giggling as Hunter distracts her by giving her hugs and kisses all over her face.

"Good morning." The doctor says walking inside making Nick stand up.

"Hello." He replies pointing at Hunter to stay by Maggie.

"He's the best brother ever." Maggie says with a smile on her face.

"He is, isn't he." Hunter responds as they begin to play a game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the drive back home, she notices Nick tense.

"We'll be at the house soon." Nick says as she lays her hand on his to draw small circles.

"Fuck it." He says as he runs them off the road.

"What are you doing? Am I going to get kicked out again?" Hunter jokes before she is pulled into a heated kiss.

"This is all my fault." He whispers when they pull away.

"No." Hunter denies making him gently squeeze her throat, letting out a gasp as she didn't even feel his hand go there.

"Instead of leaving you stranded that day, I should've kissed you." He replies kissing her once again.

"If I had known earlier about your dad, I wouldn't have even touched you. It hurts me to see you scared of me. It hurts so much." He says seriously.

"But you know I would never hurt you, unless you asked me to." He says locking eyes with her.

"They know about us, there is no time for apologies." She says with tears in her own eyes.

"If loving each other is a sin, then yes we're guilty. The guiltiest people in the world, but your mom has to understand." He explains.

"No, I don't want to hurt her. What she has found with your dad is amazing. She deserves to have that, I can't ruin it." She says fearfully.

"No, I couldn't bear it if these were our last kisses." He says sternly.

"Trust me, these will last forever." She says bringing her mouth to his own.