𝟏𝟎. 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 12th

MUCH TO POPE'S AID, Kiara had managed to shift JJ's childlike attention span to a different subject, before the proper detective questionary was to begin.

He couldn't quite put a finger on what it was that attracted the amber-hair girl to his own person, and boy, did he think about it on a daily basis. As a natural-born over thinker, Pope Heyward's thoughts had the velocity of an olympic runner and the consistency of a dream believer.

It's only natural that when his best friend threatened to his recent other-half about her past, he freaked out. Not only was he scared she'd feel nearly as uncomfortable as he did, he wasn't sure it was a topic he'd wish to dwell on, at least not for how long he could avoid it for.

"Care to drive me home?" Chelsea's green eyes jokingly begged, as the pair headed to the pogue-mobile ahead of the rest of the group.

"If you'd allow me a short stop, beforehand."

Upon a brief goodbye (that felt eternal on JJ's side), the teen couple headed back on the road, shone by the dim light of dusk hour.

"And this is what I've had to deal with my whole life."

"They're great," the girl smiled ahead "you're great."

"If you weren't scared before, it's now acceptable to be."

"P,..." she laughed at his dramatic antics.

A comfortable silence settled and neither questioned or thought it over. Their lack of words felt equally as loud as an endless conversation. Each lost in their thoughts, Pope smiled at his girlfriend's kindness, before turning his head to see what she was up to.

Chin rested on her knee, the young female admired the Cut's endless tree line as it was the best landscape she'd put her eyes on and the positive eye she saw the world with, warmed the skeptic teen by her side.

"Do you really want to go home?" She faced him, breaking his off his admiration.

"What?"

"It's a warm summer night, one of our first days of freedom. Are we going home this early?"

"Do you have anything in mind?"

"You tell me! What do you usually do during nights like this?"

Her eyes reflected the increasingly stronger moonlight and if it wasn't for the wheel in his hands, Pope could swear he'd get lost in them.

"We're not that interesting" he scoffed.

"What do locals do?"

Focusing his attention back on the road, the teen hid a smile that portrayed a million thoughts.