𝟏𝟏. 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 13th

THERE COULD BE WORST things than a hangover, and for Chelsea it was the guilt that she felt from last night's events.

None would call it naive, but the young girl had a type of ease to her that allowed her to always look into the best in things and for that reason, she was almost always the last one to face the less positive-things about a situation.

It's true she wasn't nearly half into the POGUE V. KOOK rivalry that invaded the Banks, but she had got a different glimpse of the guy she'd grown alongside yesterday and the feeling of her being the reason for Pope's discomfort, made her feel terrible.

Which was why, when opening the blinds to her floor-to-ceiling bedroom windows, she decided to call him.

At the third ring it was answered, but only at the fifth second did his voice swoon.

"Hello—"

It's raspiness motioned for a just-awaken teen on the other side of the phone, but it very much appeased to Chelsea's liking.

"Pope, hi."

"Hi" he repeated, now recomposing himself. "Everything's alright?"

"Most definitely."

"Good. Good!"

"I'm sorry for waking you up."

"You didn't—" he clearly lied, through a morning rasp that was unmatched.

"I want to see you today" the redhead paused "would you... like to come over?"

It only took him four words to jump straight out of bed and pace around the small room repeatedly, sweating profusely as he would have, if he decided to run in the warm South Carolina heat.

"—Pope?"

"Yes, I'm here." He confirmed, realizing he'd probably spent the past 2 minutes quiet.

He wasn't expecting to be invited to her house this soon, despite her past attempts at having him drive through her driveway and come inside. Pope couldn't help but think this was their territory. And after yesterday's episode, he couldn't pretend it didn't make him nervous.

But still, he couldn't deny the want to see her.

"I understand if you have things to do."

"I don't, it's just that I..."

It clicked for Chelsea as she interrupted him mid-speech "Oh, oh my god. I'm sorry, I should've told you, the house is empty. It's just me."

A sign of relief overtook his facial expression, as if she could see it.