𝟏𝟒. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 16th

THERE WERE TIMES WHEN BEING A GIRL came as a disadvantage. Especially if we're talking in terms of strength. 

When her phone rang across the room, Chelsea used the fact that she was left out of words to go inside and check on it. Perhaps it could be Pope and she wanted badly to run from the current situation she was in, in case it wasn't a really bad bad dream.

That's when she noted her best friend's name pop in her lock screen and a sign of relief came over her. This was the person she'd need the most in this very moment.

"Look, you have to go. I have to take thi—"

Asleep. Dead asleep. 

She neared Rafe's spread out figure in the lounge chair and nudged him carefully, as if she was waking up a dragon in its own cave. The young girl hoped it was just a brief eye-resting moment and he'd be out of there in no time but even upon elbowing his arm and trying to pull him off the chair, she noted it'd be mission impossible: 3.

Olivia had canceled the call by now, probably thinking Chelsea was far asleep or doing something way better than putting up with her drunk ex, but with the frustration and angst that the teen had in her, she needed this call.

Step by step, she made her way out her bedroom in hopes of searching for a quieter and more private room to spill the beans in. 

She was quite scared of what she could run into, but out of everything this terrible get-together had, drunken hook-ups in the upper floor wasn't one so she was happy when she ran across the first empty division being the guest room closer to her.

"Liv?" She whispered, while closing the door behind her.

"Chels." Her friend mimicked the whispers.

"Oh thank God!"

"Why are we whispering?"

"I'm kind of in the middle of a situation."

"Were you kidnapped? Oh please don't tell me you were kidnapped."

"No!" Chelsea hissed, now recomposing herself as she looked back at the empty room's door and finally speaking in a normal tone "So... Rafe is in my room."

"WHAT."

"Yes."

"Don't tell me you caved in, it's been two week—"

"First of all, ew. He fell asleep and I can't remove him."

"Which still doesn't answer my question."

Olivia could truly read through Chelsea's demeanor through the phone as if she was sitting right in front of the young teen. Which resulted in a 40-minute long talk where both caught up with what their first summer weeks had been like.

"Listen, if you want me to drive there myself and drag that boy out. Because you know I will—" Liv offered, followed by a chuckle on the other side of the phone.

Even upon explaining the stressful events that had occurred earlier that day and getting that weight off her chest, her best friend's humor certainly did help ease the situation.

"On another note..."

"Yes, please give me something to cheer for."

"I ended up spending the night at Pope's."

"Chels!"

It took the redhead a minute to compose herself because the feelings of a wonderful night rushed back into her memory.

"I just felt differently yesterday — it was something in his eyes."

"The eyes, chico." Olivia joked on the other side.

"We may have gone further."

"Second base? Third—? Is the boy aiming for a home-run?"

"You could say so."

"You little slut." 

"Stop!" Chelsea laughed alongside her friend.

"I have to say, I'm surprised. His shyness really tricked me on this one."

The friends kept speaking into the night and somehow Chelsea was relieved, because it helped her take her mind off the commotion going on downstairs. 

Later onto their conversation, the exhaustion started to settle in and the noise was less audible which led her to believe people were packing up and going home. But shortly after hanging up on Olivia, she also remembered returning to her bedroom wasn't quite a possibility she wanted to face — at least not for now.

This empty guest room was reasonably made-up and all she needed to get was an extra pillow from its closet to settle in the empty king bed available to her.

It was when she rested her head on it, that her phone bleeped.

She turned to reach for it, eyes squinted due to the bright light visible in the dark surroundings. It was Pope.

m y b o i 

thank you for staying with me yesterday. 

❣️